Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

This is all we need.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is all we need.....

Deleted
Old 04-18-2006, 02:54 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: This is all we need.....

its OK to talk about that here on RCU. I have "asked"
about this talk in another thread, and was told by the moderator
that it is OK here, since this site is an "International" site.

it was OK for the guy that wanted to install a airsoft gun to his jet,
because its an "International" site? And a video of a guy that had
installed a machine gun, live fireing, remote control operated
machine gun, on his helicopter. so, that was OK in the same thread.

so, I think bombs would be OK as well
Old 04-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats why you need to be careful who your talking too here on the RCU. When registering, you can put down any place you want as your location and nobody will know unless the authorities need to track you down. Shoot , a moron can make an offensive weapon out of one of these. Having a plane ready to fly before add-on's is 90% of it.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:50 PM
KidEpoxy

You have any idea how hard it is to find a 14" tall suicide bomber to fly the thing?

Coulda sworn folks in the US were playing with remote control planes with ordinance, even Atonomous Armed Drones... Guess it's all a matter of who you know, you get a check from Boeing you get to play with whatever you want. Maybe the US gov will hide the existance of the RC killing machines they have so nobody else will try it.

Considering you get millions of $ of coverage from AMA, does it really need a bomb if we already expect $1.7mil damages from a .40 Four* ?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:18 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This subject has been beat to death in many other threads. I want to slap the s*** out of anybody who says "that'd be COOL". The best thing we can all do to protect our rights to fly our planes is to openly condemn any idea of using one of our planes as a weapon; even better is to not even broach the subject. The more something like this gets talked about, the greater the likelihood some dumbass will actually try it and screw the pooch for all of us.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:25 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Well said, khodges.

One thing I really liked about this hobby, when I first got into it many years ago, was that there didn't seem to be any refugees from the shallow end of the gene pool in it.

Sadly, that is no longer the case. And you simply cannot reason with these mental deficients. They say, " Get real! These are toys! The government will never do anything."

I'm sure the folks who were grounded due to the Olympics would disagree...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

After many years in Law Enforcement one sure thing is that someone will have to try if given the idea. Let's not encourage those who might try.......
BTW making any explosive device is a Felony both Federally and in all or most of the states. You go to prison for a long time. Given the current world situation I doubt that probation would be an option and it should not be.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:19 PM
t_burley

ORIGINAL: khodges

This subject has been beat to death in many other threads. I want to slap the s*** out of anybody who says "that'd be COOL". The best thing we can all do to protect our rights to fly our planes is to openly condemn any idea of using one of our planes as a weapon; even better is to not even broach the subject. The more something like this gets talked about, the greater the likelihood some dumbass will actually try it and screw the pooch for all of us.

I agree wholehardily with you. the problem is, it shouldnt even be allowed to "discuss" it
here at all. But like I said in my previous post, I was told be the "jet mod" about a thread
I asked about closing, but he wouldnt because of the "International" members here?
Old 04-21-2006, 12:50 AM
ClemenTang

Since you mentioned it twice I would add that last time I asked about the political standards here I get knocked and told this is an American website. That guy wasn't a mod tho but I guess this place remains the way they run it despite minority concerns unless you have a real strong case. Google had removed sat-pics of sensitive facilities, Yahoo had disclosed poster info to Chi-com. So, freedom of speech vs. national security? The original post had already brought the subject here, excapt details, and you're already being tracked by Big Bro since you typed the b-word, if it's really that big a question at hand. Info for making WMD can be found on the net and I too think it's overzealous to worry about toy planes. Not because it's impossible but there're many possibilities to many other things too. Consider me an international member but trust me there's no such thing as confusing as American vs. international standard you just get an explanation it's a case by case standard. The other thread they talked about the possibilities with Arab boys and a toy plane... interesting reading to international members.

Clement
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 AM
LSP972

ClemenTnag,

Not sure of your nationality, but your statement "...I too think its overzealous to worry about toy planes." shows that you have no grasp of just how idiotic and/or self-serving US government officials and politicians can be.

You're absolutely correct; it is ludicrous to think of model planes as a serious threat to security. Trust me when I say that reality has absolutely NO bearing on this issue; and if the right (wrong?) official decides to make a crusade out of it, things could get very bad, very quickly, for US r/c modelers.

Believe that, or not, as you choose. The fact remains.

As for this "being a US website", well, that issue is a bit deeper than simple arrogance on the part of US participants. Yes, we (US) have our ardent nationalists who think everybody else is wrong, etc. I'm not apologizing for those guys, nor excusing their behavior.

But many of us who HAVE been in other countries and understand that everybody doesn't love the United States, also become rather annoyed with certain non-US types who get on these forums and castigate our people/government, when the only real knowledge about how things are here they possess was gleaned from a trip or two to Disney World.

So, while I'm not directing this at you personally, I AM saying that some of the backlash you've felt was not just because of some simple-minded flag-waver with an overblown sense of patriotism.

Where you live, the government, while not exactly concerned with its citizens, at least stays on the path of common sense. Here, every wild-eyed radical or political correctness advocate with a cause is free to push his/her agenda, and in some cases force others to embrace it; regardless of how stupid it may be.

IOW, our concerns over these simpletons talking about arming r/c aircraft are quite valid. In a country where a man cannot do ANYTHING with his own land (and will be incarcerated if he tries), because some obscure snail lives on it... well, anything is possible.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:40 AM
ClemenTang

Fair enough, Steve... (the nag part in the spelling noted) and seriously, I'm not sure of my own nationality either. Imagine a group that ran away from the commies, got owned by the Japs, Brits turned their back on us... now the commies have us and we prefer Japanese cars and home appliances, sushi too and of course JR Futaba and OS. Many of us have several passports like we're the MI team and ready for getting tonight. No more patriotic than the worst of you maybe our importing everything has something to do with it.

Clement
Old 04-21-2006, 10:49 AM
ClemenTang

reading your post again... I might add that I'm yellow and speak the language but certainly not a commie.

Clement
Old 04-21-2006, 11:45 AM
ClemenTang

reading your post yet again (keep missing your points)... let me clarify I wasn't trying to make any blanket statement. It's understood that the hawk camp advocates often appear to be the majority - same case here and I guess everywhere too, they're by definition more active. And if that's not enough let me say a big THANK YOU for Fat Man and Little Boy.

I wasn't trying to dismiss the issue while I agreed that it's overzealous to worry about toy planes. Or I should add that it's not overzealous to worry about the political part since the politicians are overzealous about the threat of toy planes. So, is it overzealous to worry about discussing the issue by virtue of itself or because someone WILL get inspired and try the idea? And hey isn't that gonna happen anyway then? Got me thinking...

Clement
Old 04-21-2006, 11:59 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I personally don't give a s*** what anybody's national, racial, ethnic or religious background is, or whether this is a US or international site. My contention is that subjects like what originated this thread don't deserve discussion AT ALL by anyone. The whole concept is contrary to any morality I can think of. I'm not saying, "don't talk about it and it will go away", there's surely those who've considered it, but bringing up the subject at all just provides encouragement and validation to the sick minds who need it to carry through.

I relish the international flavor in these forums; I just wish there was more of the positive exchange between cultures in other aspects of our lives than just r/c. People might come to realize that none of us is really all that different from any other.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:40 PM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: ClemenTang

... (the nag part in the spelling noted).

Clement
That was an honest typo; if I want to ding you, I'm not that subtle...

Actually, I think I'm getting freakin' dyslexia. I really have to pay attention BEFORE I hit the enter key, because I've been transposing letters like crazy lately. I missed that one...

I hear you regarding your background. I know a couple of Brits who were there in '40-'41, and got out just in time. The stories they tell are fascinating. I've spent some time in your part of the world (RVN, Thailand, Korea, but never HK), so I have a bit of an idea what you're talking about. I imagine your situation, given your beliefs, is a bit dicey there. Of course, the Chinese hate the Japanese as bad, or worse, than the Russians hate the Germans. Messy invasions/occupations tend to foster such ill will...

Anyway, I have to side with khodges on this one... ANY discussion of this topic on a public forum is patently stupid. We simply cannot afford to attract any official attention. And, IMO, anyone who doesn't recognize that fact is either totally apathetic, or retarded... take your pick.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:38 PM
KidEpoxy

Are you guys kidding?
Let them boys chit chat about bombs & such on these forums... yeah, the internet forums that Big Brother screen. Give the fancy filters & screening machines tax dollars bought something to track & locate them guys that want to talk about illegal stuff on line.

Finding the suicide bomber is easy after the fact- it was the guy that detonated. We need to locate & get something to hang on these bombers other than, "Maybe you were going to bomb something, but havent yet"... saw that in Minority Report: PreCrime was stupid

If common folks didn't think explosions were cool, wouldn't Rambo & the Govenator be nobodies instead of millionaires.

The politicians will create laws to make folks feel better, without actually making anything better: Banning the 50BMG in Cal is an example. Or banning guns at school... brilliant, ban something illegal, true genious. But the news says the politician did something great to make our lives better. Whether or not we endorse or condemn bombs, if some politician thinks he can get a few votes, RC'ers are a way miniscule minority that they would step on in a heartbeat to claim Arial Safty: I Banned RC Planes- vote for me! (wouldnt a bomber just violate the ban anyway, he is after all, trying to kill people)
Old 04-22-2006, 08:13 AM
LSP972

So... which one are you?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:45 AM
ClemenTang

Let's change the subject. t burley jumped up and asked the mod to delete this post. His request was not met because, according to mod, this is an international forum. The logic here, I guess, is either:
1. Had it be an American website then discussion about b**bs will be banned; and/or
2. Assuming it is acceptable for the rest of the world to discuss about pyrotechnics (safer word not tracked?)

From the above it can be concluded that you guys have less freedom in this respect, but cared to cater for the specific interest of certain other international members or ethic groups ONLY (note point 1).

So, while the original subject doesn't deserve discussing, is it a proper request for zapping them as soon as one pops up? Of course it's up to the mods and whether it's in line with the site's standards. Oh I said change the subject... any chance with an RC boat carrying pyrotechnics?

Clement
PS. Steve, one's view is easily changed overnight with a couple of Japanese "AV", if you know what I'm talking about
Old 04-22-2006, 03:07 PM
t_burley

boy, this sure got alot of things going here .

You are right Clement, my post was in reference to another thread though.
I may not, and doesnt look like I was clear in my original post. I have nothing
against the "International community" here for the record. I used that info
because it was told to me.

I had seen a thread about how to install airsoft guns to a jet. and from there, it went
to a video of a guy that installed a machine gun to a helicopter. now in the past here
I have seen threads of this nature taken down, because of the implications with the AMA,
Homeland security, and ATF for example.

I "reported" this to the moderator to my concern if you will. Now, I am no whinny, Ploitically
correct, bark eating guy, but I didnt think that the thread was good for what we do here.

I was told, by the moderator that the thread was "OK" beacuse my intended concern was the
AMA, and being this site was an "International" site, the thread was OK? So, I wrote back to the
moderator and asked if he noticed that the original poster of that thread, and most of the other
posters, where from here in the good ole USA? no response from that question, and too date
the thread is still open.

so, to clarify my position has nothing to do with politics, religion, race or other. it was simply
sarcasm on my point, that apparently the rules of RCU "allow" this, because its a international
world wide audiance. and that is some countries, having firing, exploding, shooting weapons
attached to RC aircraft is acceptable.

I live in California, and have enough worries about my guns, and such being taken away every
day, I dont need my planes now banned next [X(]
Old 04-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

After reading everything here on this thread I still would be a bunch more concerned with cars and rental trucks. I would especially worry about those that carry on discussions about how to get back part of your damage deposit in the event of an accidental explosion.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:09 PM
KidEpoxy

Back in the day,
Some caring folks tried, with great enthusiasm, to ban the book The Anarchists Cookbook for the information within (chemistry and engineering basically, bombs & stuff more more precisely). First Amendment was raised in its defense, and the book is protected speech. Just how is that different from some fine folk wanting to ban RC Pyro-Misbehaving speech- doing any of that is probably illegal as heck, but speech & ideas is what we do here.

Should we arrest highschool chem teachers for letting us know that Iron & **** can be WAY dangerous? Are we all safer not knowing the danger mix rate of Gasoline & Nitromethane. We should teach kids chemistry, but only after they swear to never talk about it to anyone.

Can a bomb be put on a plane? The folks from Dresden & Hiroshima can help you with that answer. Can it be remote control? The US was playing with Video RC Bombs back at the end of ww2. Is that something that discussion is verbotten? If so, just tell guys to watch Discovery Wings... er, The Military Channel- OK for TV but not speech?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:16 AM
ClemenTang

Anyone got this? Had a couple when I was a kid.

Clement
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15209.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	450803  
Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
KidEpoxy

Loooong time ago, back when they were metal, and the head was a good hunk of weight to throw up & come down on your brothers head. But we also had the real Lawn Darts, before thrown toys with spikes were seen as wrong.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Wow, everyone got pretty riled up on this one. I wasn't in any way condoning this, all I did was repost the news article since it's public information. I just thought you guys would be interested in seeing the article. But I do believe if somebody were to attempt such a thing, even if it were unsuccessful, it would be a very real threat to our hobby as we know it. If you want, I'll delete the original content.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 PM
KidEpoxy

Interesting approach, delete News Articles so nobody will know about the subject
perhaps we should 'eliminate' the reporters too, for security of the state
Would be faster if we just get rid of free press, and have a new state run SafePress for security of the state

those that don't study history are bound to repeat it
San Antonio is getting ready to have a Cinco deMayo party.... seems they remember THE Alamo, just not anything ABOUT the Alamo and the war it was in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.