Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Please, please, please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
thedude0901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please, please, please...

Greetings,

Throughout my life there have been 2 things which have greatly enriched my life. The first is RC Airplanes. I was very active in the hobby for over 10 years before I was forced to put down the transmitter and focus on other things. For the next 15 years there was college, 3 jobs, 2 houses, grad school, and an almost marriage. (Don't ask. ) Now that life has calmed down somewhat I'm getting back into the hobby. The second thing that has greatly enriched my life is music. Throughout the best and worst of times music has been there to provide both joy and comfort when it was needed most.

Now that I'm back in the hobby I’ve seen many great videos on this and other sites showing many different airplanes. These videos have been a great learning tool for me because the composers often include an ending detailing the airplanes, motors, electronics, etc. This information has often been the deciding factor in hobby related purchases.

A great number of these videos have a music score with them. In nearly every video I've seen posted to this site and others, the music is not listed in the credits. I find this very frustrating because many of these videos have some really good music that I would like to add to my music library but cannot. (Legally purchased from my local retailer and not downloaded from the Internet. )

I'll pick on the fine folks over at [link]http://www.nesail.com[/link]. I'm researching the purchase of an electric pattern style plane and one of the planes I'm considering is the Quiet Storm. The video of the plane has a very nice bit of music that I would LOVE to know the name of but the information is not listed anywhere in the video. [link=http://www.nesail.com/videos/QuietStorm.wmv]Quiet Storm Video[/link] Also missing is any information on the power system and radio. HINT! HINT!

OK, I've rambled on a bit too long here. So, for all those posting video please tell us about the plane and the music as well.

Best Regards,
The Dude
Old 04-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Please, please, please...

i agree sometimes there isnt any info at the end of the videos.... but rcu is a great source of info...even if there isnt any video... i would do a search on the various dealers you are thinking of doing biz w. also... Northeast hasnt had a very good track record as far as service from the posts ive seen[]
Old 05-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: thedude0901
Greetings,

Throughout my life there have been 2 things which have greatly enriched my life. The first is RC Airplanes.
Dude,
Welcome back to this great hobby/sport.
I'm sure you will find a lot of help on RC Universe. I always do.
All the best,
Old 05-03-2006, 09:14 PM
PepsiMike

I believe the music used in the Quiet Storm video is: Twilight and Mist from the movie soundtrack for Legends of the Fall.

Search Amazon.com for DVD.