Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Very Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Interesting

Hot dogs in RC Would you believe that I have better equipement now than I have ever had in my life because of hot doggers WITH more money than BRAINS flying plane plum out of their skill level and will not listen to people that have the skill's to help them with the hobby
I build and instruct in this hobby and am beginning to love every $$$$$$$$$$$ of it. How many people have had experence with this and how do they handle the people that don't PAY and still want to FLYAnd bring back the peaces[]
Old 05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Ken Erickson

Default RE: Very Interesting

Well, basicaly, I handle it by teaching them for free. Been doing it for 30 years.

Works fine for me.

Ken, AMA 19352
Old 05-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Dr1Driver

I've never personally charged to instruct someone, and most ORGANIZED clubs don't, either. I do charge for building and crash repair, but nowhere near what it's worth. If you're in this hobby to make money, open a store or company. I'm in it to have fun, and I like to see others having fun as well.

Dr.1
Old 05-02-2006, 10:40 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Larry,
I hope you fly better than you write.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Larry,
I hope you fly better than you write.
[X(] lmmfao!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Live Wire

BB
You no just where I am coming from there are people that by planes and never build or rebuild their mistakes I do not charge for instruction but when people just want to fly and take the glory for some thing they just don't do. Then there are people that just plain lie about every thing they do and expect you to believe it.
Well I never could write and to old to learn [] and I can fly with the best of them and build for the worst of them
Old 05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: RC Outlaw
and build for the worst of them

Does not seem like a very astute business plan to come on a public forum and make inflamatory statements about your customer base.

As a matter of idle curiosity larry since RCU's inception it seems you have changed your handle about four times or thereabouts. Why the idenity crisis?

John
Old 05-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Live Wire

john
it seem that these same people don't care what they have to say about me ether so these so called customers that only use you when they are in a bind . I have some that will go out of their way to keep me in the hobby with work and supplies, great people then there are those that take advandage of these very people . Great hobby but it takes all kinds and some seem to not care only for them selves
Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Live Wire

john
the user name has only been outlaw and Hawk I think you have you wires crossed went back to Outlaw because every one new me as that so thats is where it is going to stay
Old 05-02-2006, 07:14 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone.....just enjoy the hobby and don't put your shorts on too tight - let Larry have his nitch, you yours....
Old 05-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Excellent advice. Life is too short as it is, that's why they make fast chargers.
ORIGINAL: tailskid

Everyone.....just enjoy the hobby and don't put your shorts on too tight - let Larry have his nitch, you yours....
Old 05-03-2006, 12:35 AM
KidEpoxy

Congrats on enjoying RC, even the less common aspect you mentioned.

Its a hobby, and we're suposed to enjoy it.... if not, why bother.
Nice to see happy folk in these troubled days.
Keep it up Larry
Old 05-03-2006, 11:22 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have come across planes that people toss because they can't fix, and didn't need much work. I have fixed them and flown them, then gave them to someone who needed it. You see it a lot. Its a new hobby, many people don't have a clue how to build or fix, they are the "I want it now" generation. ARFs are all they know.

Its kinda sad.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Live Wire

tailskid
This thread has served it's purpose for me. I never get pushed around and do not push unless I have to I tell you we all want to have fun in this hobby but most of us have to pay our way. We help those that need help and do not take advantage of any one that does not ask for it. I don't think it is out of line to charge if the person asks you to build and no's your work and is the one who contacts you. But no one is expected to build install equipement and furnish the materials for nothing Most of my work is as they say( Pay It Forward ) That is how I get my better equipement and there are a lot of happy flyer's that don't have to worry about how the plane was put together or if it will fly