Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

canard on cover of RCM June 1997..??

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

canard on cover of RCM June 1997..??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 10:10 PM
canardlover

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default canard on cover of RCM June 1997..??

Howdy folks, RCM magazine June 1997 issue seems to feature a canard model shown on the cover. I have tried to obtain a back issue but so far in vain. Can anyone out there help...PLEASE..?! Either scan or copy or sell the issue to me, I would be most grateful for any help in this matter since I´m totally hooked on canards.
Thanks in advance and Cheers...../Harald
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	41573_12932.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	26118  
Old 12-17-2002, 11:05 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hello, Bassackwards:

Harald, I remember that issue and the article. The airplane pictured was a demo of photographic techniques, making a model appear the same size as the full-sized planes in the background. Look at the picture, you can see the different color of the table the model is sitting on.

Vague memories tell me the plane had only a brief description as part of the article, with no details.

But. Just got off the phone to RCM, and I was pleasantly surprised. They still had a back isssue, and I should have it in two to three weeks. If no one else comes up before I can send you whatever info you want from it.

Before I made my series of moves a couple years ago I could have dug it out of my collection, but I couldn't find anybody who wanted it, and I didn't need to carry a ton or so of paper, all my magazine collections were left behind.

When you're flying one of your bassackwards birds how do you see where you're going? Or do you turn the seat around too to keep from straining your neck? Haw!

Forward or backwards, with two engines you don't get the awkwards.

Later.

Bill.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:15 PM
canardlover

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thanks Bill...!

Many thanks for taking the trouble and call RCM, sad that it was not a regular construction article of that canard with plans an everything. Anyway I look forward to all info there is about it.

One of my more experienced canard pilots usually looks at the foreplane and front engine, she did a good job in two ships, the first one she crashed on the maiden flight.Given a second chance she managed to keep the next one flying for four seasons before...WHAAMM..!....Cheers/Harald
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	41711_12932.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	26119  
Old 12-18-2002, 10:47 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I still have that issue. (I'm a staunch_packrat)
I'll check when I get home.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:16 AM
Crash-RCU

Canardlover when you get that back issue I think you will find that it was a constrution article. It was powered by a .46 something in a pusher configurtion
Good luck.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:50 AM
William Robison

Crash:

I'm relying on a 25 year old memory, I'm pretty certain about the photo bit, there could have been construction but I don't remember. That's why I ordered the back issue.

My twins don't have the wing in back,
. that's why I give you so much flak.

Bill.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:05 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Found it!

"The Ferret is a canard/pusher, powered by a Magnum Pro .45 two-stroke engine. Its 54" wingspan allows for transport without removing the wings. It carries its 130 ounces on swept wings with an 11" chord and a 1.375" thickness."

100% scratch built. Servo-controlled leading edge slats in the main wing, flaperons on the TE. Handmade shock-absorbing landing gear. Quite a construction job - too bad the article only runs for two pages.

Anyway. Send me your mailing address and I'll mail it to you. I've never sent anything to Sweeden before - this should be interesting.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:57 PM
William Robison

BackwardsFlier:

The June 1977 issue of RCM arrived today.

Look at your posted picture again.

Isn't that nineteen EIGHTY seven?

Ten year error notwithstanding, twin flying is still outstanding.

Bill.