Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hog bipe finally got a flight

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hog bipe finally got a flight

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hog bipe finally got a flight

Finally got the first flight on my Hog and what a flight it was, I expected the worst because I was still getting my thumbs back from a long winter and it started to get windy but I said I'm going for it, The grass was still long and not yet rolled so off came the wheel pants and got some pics (ya know in case there nothing to take pics of later[X(] ) I had a fellow pilot with me to help if needed with trims (His hog is going up soon too) so I got it started and it was put out on the runway and held to clear out the engine and my nerves where a wreck, Too many hours building this one. So I throttled up and it was tracking nice with a little rudder and got right up to speed and I fed a little elevator and it popped right off the ground (scared me actually) and climbed up with authority and power to spare, Only trim needed was a little down elevator and one click of aileron and it was tracking flat and straight as an arrow. What a rush it was, so I flew a few circuits around the field and then did a large loop and wow does this Hog look great inverted hehe I then decided to see how it flew inverted and only needed light down elevator for level inverted flight I then decided to try a few approaches and the first try was coming in real nice and level I throttled back and it approached the runway and just kept staying in the air, A little bit of a floater I would say so I figured I would have to fly it to the ground Like my extra. So on the next attempt I had the throttle low but not to the stalling point about 6-8 inches from the ground and throttled right down to idle and it settled right onto the runway on the mains and then the tail came down as it slowed down and all of a sudden the wheels got tangled in the long grass and it tipped over on the nose, Thank the all mighty it was almost at a stop when that happened, It stopped the engine but not even a broken prop. And my pilot Rizzo lived to fly another day. n Here is a pic of the pilot waving to the crowd before startup and it sitting on the side of the runway waiting for another pilot to land. I thing I have a new favorite plane.

Dauntae
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43410.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	460145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv66996.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	460146  
Old 05-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Chevelle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hog bipe finally got a flight

Congratulations on your maiden flight. They are always exciting. Your Hog looks terrific. Nice job. I've never flown one but I hear they first class flyers. Happy landings.

Chevelle