Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Tallahassee Fl Flying Sites?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Tallahassee Fl Flying Sites?

Old 12-22-2002, 12:16 AM
Bill_Jehle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tallahassee Fl Flying Sites?

Are there any flying sites in Tallahasseee, Florida that are turbine friendly?
Old 12-22-2002, 02:33 AM
BruceDana

The Seminole Radio Control Club field is 400' of grass (in good shape I might add). The club Website is:

http://www.nettally.com/seminolercc/

There are some aerial pics of the field, but unless I was flying something that could get in and out of 400' of grass, I wouldn't risk it. Now when (if) we move to the top of the landfill, that will be a different story.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:24 PM
Bill_Jehle
My Feedback: (1)

Bruce,

Thanks for the information and link. It is a bit tight and the landfill looks like it would be great. Anything else within one to two hours of Tallahassee? I may consider a job in the area, but not if we can't fly jets.

Thanks again.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:41 PM
BruceDana

SRCC has been waiting for years for the landfill to close (for houshold garbage) contigent on building a garbage transfer station. That's almost behind us now (the transfer station is sited and under construction I believe); and the solid waste administrator is sympathetic and promises to include plans for the club in his closout plan.

The most likely spot is Cell A due east of the present flying site (The large open area seen in the photos). It is unsuitable for ball fields due to the slopes, but perfect for RC (landing top of the hill).

The club is still waiting on word when the plan will be developed, but we're dreaming about a runway suitable for large scale R/C and jets (an that field will have the room).

If you are interested, I have a TOPO map in .DWG file format of the entire site (including contours). E-mail me and I'll send it to you.