Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ya know what drives me nuts...

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ya know what drives me nuts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:52 PM
coolbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ya know what drives me nuts...

When your standing on the flight line and someone you have never seen before decides that is the PERFECT time to have a conversation with you.
Last night I went to the field to maiden my scratch built foamy trainer. I get her setup. Taxi down the runway, turn around, stop to make sure everything is clear, start edging the trottle up when I hear right behind me "HI!" "how old are you" 26 "you looked about my age, don't see many guys in their 20's out here" yeah most guys are retired "does that thing handle pretty well" i don't know it's the maiden flight. Right here I figure he'll back off and give me some room but NOOOOO He just kept blabbing and blabbing. I can't tell you exactly what he was saying because I was doing my best to ignore him.
Then I hear "Can I try it" What??? Your telling me I'm halfway through the maiden flight and you want to fly it are you freaking kidding me? I tell him I feel the batteries getting low and that I don't have a low voltage cutoff so I'll have to bring it in (which wasn't a complete lie, I don't have a cutoff and I was concerned about the voltage)

Now if he would have waited until AFTER i was done flying I would have been more than happy to talk about anything as everyone knows that's half the fun of going out to the field.... but really... on my maiden freaking flight?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:59 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Ya know what drives me nuts...

yeah I know what your talking about. I'll be flying at the park and someone will just come up behind me and start asking questions that I can't answer wile flying. Very annoying if you ask me. I just tell them to hang and I'll be right down.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:48 PM
coolbean

I would almost expect it from someone who doesn't know anything about airplanes.. But this guy has been flying at club sites for several years (or so he told me). But that bings up annother point.. people who just see some planes flying so they stop by and completely the ignore the signs that say "ALL NON-FLYERS MUST REMAIN BEHIND THIS FENCE".
Old 05-31-2006, 07:09 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

yea, Thats a problem at parks because there are no lines that say that.