Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Blue Collar Moment

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blue Collar Moment

Surely somebody has seen a guy hold the prop and flip the plane over? If they didn't get hurt, sure would be funny to watch. Sort of like riding a buffer![X(]
Old 06-10-2006, 07:10 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blue Collar Moment

Some people just don't have the comedy gene.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:24 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen the buffer riding thing.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:43 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to race them.... it takes a while to get across the room.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:17 PM
blw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A group of us did that in flight school and almost got kicked out. I was the only one who didn't get caught because my last name is the same as someone else who did.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Thats interesting. I did the same thing their too. What year did you go through?

ORIGINAL: blw

A group of us did that in flight school and almost got kicked out. I was the only one who didn't get caught because my last name is the same as someone else who did.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
blw

Started in 79 and was turned into class 80-5 after WOC-D. Brown Flight. If Corky Smith rings a bell, he was our first TAC Officer.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Cyclic Hardover

I started in February 80.Graduated in December 80. Had already been in 5 years. Was Royal Blue. Remember a Tac named Rickenbacker? I had to revise this. I think we started the same time and you were a coupl e flights behind me or ahead of me. We were the guys who built al that brick stuff. Barbeques and things in the rec hall.
ORIGINAL: blw

Started in 79 and was turned into class 80-5 after WOC-D. Brown Flight. If Corky Smith rings a bell, he was our first TAC Officer.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Cyclic Hardover

You may have heard another stunt where we rented some 3 pigs from a local farmer. Greased them up and let them go about 1am in yellow flights barracks. What a mess!. Then the next day we had them in the back of a guys truck.

So while we were in the lunch line, somebody pointed to the field across the street . Yellow flight found the pigs in the truck and let them out in the field. We had 30 guys jump up from the tables to go catch them darn things. Tacs loved it. It was quite a show.

The abuse we took trying to catch those things was far worse than anything the Tacs could do to us, so they let it go
Old 06-13-2006, 09:37 PM
blw

I remember something about the pigs. We are the guys who painted the WOC dome by the mess hall.

I remember Rickenbacker. He seemed like a decent guy.

I could mention something about a car load of seniors in a station wagon one Friday night with a keg in the back seat looking for a lost hubcap. The only thing is it was lost on the parade field. We did go back and look but the MPs saw us from the other side of HQ. We lost them before they drove all the way around. That meant leaving some donuts in the grass, etc that took a long time to grow over.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Cyclic Hardover

During the last 2 weeks of "WOC-D", my bunkmate was the Candidate staff. One night the guys next to me were getting their lockers inspected by Rickenbacker because they were screwing up. So here it is, Study hour, they're getting inspected next to me and I'm whistling tunes. Now you know its not "library quiet" at that time but it's not noisy either.

So I am reading and whistling. Then we hear, "who's that whistling?" The place went dead silent. "I said who's that whistling?" I stood up at attention (even though he couldn't see me) and sounded off! Rickenbacker says. "Whats the WOC guide say about whistling during study hour?" " Sir the WOC guide says no whistling during study hour." "Bullsh-- WOC guide doesn't say a thing about it. you trying to second guess me candidate?" "Sir no sir."

So he finishes his inspection and leaves. About 10 mnutes later, my bunkmate shows up to see what happened. He said he was in the office doing paperwork and overheard Rickenbacker and the other TACs laughing their backsides off over it all.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:13 PM
blw

I was in the PX at Ft. Rucker one day, about 10 years after flight school. I heard this creepy voice say, "What are you doing, dirtball?" and there was Corky Smith's leering grin a few aisles over. I had shivers and the urge to run when I heard that voice again! He remembered me and was a real nice guy when I talked to him.

I ran into CW4 Wheeler (ex TAC in primary) in Germany at the O Club. He remembered me and bought me a beer. I didn't ask him if he was really shot down 18 times in Viet Nam, but a lot of people who were there knew about that and said that it was true.