Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Motels nearest Muncie site

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Motels nearest Muncie site

Old 07-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Taildragger
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motels nearest Muncie site

Can anyone tell which motels are nearest the AMA site in muncie? I've looked at several but they are all on northwest side of town. I can't seem to locate one one on southeast side. Thanks, Bill
Old 07-08-2006, 09:36 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Motels nearest Muncie site

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/

Here is a list of area hotels from the AMA site. They don't give the distance to the field, but it is a starting place.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Bill!
Try this link. It might help.
[link=http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/us/in/muncie/index.htm?ref=ggqf125229]http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/us/in/muncie/index.htm?ref=ggqf125229 [/link]
However, after looking more closely at this link,. sure looks like they're all NW. Maybe AMA HQ can help. But there's always "Chez Locander." [sm=lol.gif]

I guess that means you're not going to camp with the rest of us heathens at the [link=http://www.hoosierdawnpatrol.com/]Hoosier Dawn Patrol [/link] event there huh.

Can't say that I blame you. Now I have a place to stay if I get sick again.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Taildragger

I'm afraid if it's Hotter than at Eureka which it surely will be I'd be happier in Air conditioning. Just call me soft I guess. I have the list from the AMA site. That's the one's I've cked on. Sure seems weird that they are all in the same area of town.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:48 AM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Taildragger,
Keep in mind that Muncie is not a very big city! It takes less than 15 minutes to get to the AMA site from the NW side. Also most of the restaurants are "out there" too. The "main drag" with all the restaurants, fast food, car dealers, big box stores, etc is McGalliard Street. Motels are on side streets off McG. McG runs into Rt. 3 & 35 "outer belt" which will take you to Memorial Dr. where AMA is. There is a hotel downtown and a motel on the south side. The one on the south side had a reputation as a dump in years past.
Chuck
Old 07-09-2006, 08:23 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

yep...from the NW side to the field is really only a few minutes drive......
Old 07-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Taildragger

OK, I guess that's what I needed to know. It just seems weird they are all in one spot. I was hoping for one just a couple minutes from the site. Thanks guys.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
waagbuck
My Feedback: (1)

AAA online triptiks are good for identifying hotels near a particular spot. I use www.aaamidatlantic.com, but I'm sure they will have similar services in other regions. You type in your destination, click on the "show lodging" button, and all the hotels pop up on the map. You can then see which ones are the closest, pick the one you like, check availability, and book online. Very nice.

Yahoo and google have similar services, but more primitive.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:59 PM
bhole74

ORIGINAL: Taildragger

Can anyone tell which motels are nearest the AMA site in muncie? I've looked at several but they are all on northwest side of town. I can't seem to locate one one on southeast side. Thanks, Bill
Try the Roberts, downtown. With AMA discount price is about the same and comes highly recommended from several people I know that have been there.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02 PM
bhole74

ORIGINAL: Lucky Dog

Hey Bill!
Try this link. It might help.
[link=http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/us/in/muncie/index.htm?ref=ggqf125229]http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/us/in/muncie/index.htm?ref=ggqf125229 [/link]
However, after looking more closely at this link,. sure looks like they're all NW. Maybe AMA HQ can help. But there's always "Chez Locander." [sm=lol.gif]

I guess that means you're not going to camp with the rest of us heathens at the [link=http://www.hoosierdawnpatrol.com/]Hoosier Dawn Patrol [/link] event there huh.

Can't say that I blame you. Now I have a place to stay if I get sick again.

Mike, I won't be camping either, the wife won't allow it![X(] See ya in August.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Montague

Fwiw, as others have said, all the hotels are grouped together, because that's all there is. The only thing in the other direction from the AMA site is a bunch of farms.

And as others said, even the "farthest" hotels are really pretty close. I always stay at the Signature Inn for Nats, and the drive isn't a problem at all.

It's also close to food, and has a pool.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:42 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

All the hotels are in the northwest part of town because that's where Ball State University is.

Rich

BSU 67, 70, 75