Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

antique engines from 60's/info wanted

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

antique engines from 60's/info wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 03:58 AM
rich141

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antique engines from 60's/info wanted

a friend of mine gave me a box of old control line engines from the 60s-70s.
me would sure like to know if they are of any value and what
history might be of these
one is a taipan 2.5 still in the box with Manuel ex condition
2 super tiger 35/g21 one new
1 fox 36
3 fox 35 one with slanted glow plug
Old 01-03-2003, 06:19 AM
NitroWoman

Default Good Engines

Looks like someone gave you a nice gift. I've had experience with all these engines except the Taipan. The Supertigres are mainly for Combat. In their day they were real screamers if they were reworked alot. They did have a habit of breaking crankshafts if you pushed them really hard though. I still have a couple in my engine box that I used to use for slow combat. These were mostly used in the early to mid '70's. They have no real high value unless you find someone that wants one really bad. The Fox .36 is another good old Combat engine. State of the art for about 1966 or so. Again no real value except sentimental. I still have one or two of these also. I believe Fox still has parts available. The three Fox .35's are Stunt engines. The angle plug head is just one variation. They are designed to run in the classic 2 cycle-4 cycle break. You can still buy them new. I've heard of Taipan's. They were imported in the early '70's. From what I remember they were OK but didn't last very long. Find yourself a Goldberg Voodoo kit and use one of the combat engines and have a ball. Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:19 PM
rich141

Default Re: Good Engines

Originally posted by NitroWoman
Looks like someone gave you a nice gift. I've had experience with all these engines except the Taipan. The Supertigres are mainly for Combat. In their day they were real screamers if they were reworked alot. They did have a habit of breaking crankshafts if you pushed them really hard though. I still have a couple in my engine box that I used to use for slow combat. These were mostly used in the early to mid '70's. They have no real high value unless you find someone that wants one really bad. The Fox .36 is another good old Combat engine. State of the art for about 1966 or so. Again no real value except sentimental. I still have one or two of these also. I believe Fox still has parts available. The three Fox .35's are Stunt engines. The angle plug head is just one variation. They are designed to run in the classic 2 cycle-4 cycle break. You can still buy them new. I've heard of Taipan's. They were imported in the early '70's. From what I remember they were OK but didn't last very long. Find yourself a Goldberg Voodoo kit and use one of the combat engines and have a ball. Hope this helps.
thanks for the reply im in to rc but i just might get a u control kit and play with it thaks rich