Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Runway (re)Paving

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 07:52 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Runway (re)Paving

We currently have a 400' x 50' asphalt runway. It is in need of resealing but we would also like to extend it at least another 200'. Does anyone have any idea what this could cost?

Unfortunately we do not have a member who is in the business so we will need to find someone to donate at least part of the process or just pay for it outright.

Has anyone gone through this process? No one in our club has any real idea what this will cost. Has anyone had any success approaching businesses about donations (we are a non-profit)?

All ideas are appreciated. TIA

Bob
Old 01-04-2003, 10:09 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Runway (re)Paving

Price in our neck of the woods for a trail in a park done with good base was $1.50 CDN a sq ft. So that would be $1500CDN for the extension or $1000US. Really depends on labour and asphalt costs. Out in the boonies here we are probably less than half your cost.
I never have luck with donations but find you might get a bit of a break by pleading that you are a non-profit.
When I was soaring it was hard to plead non-profit to a rancher that was near starving when the members were pulling up in their SUV's BMW's and flying off in their $80,000 sailplanes. He wasn't impressed when I tried to keep the lease dirt cheap.