Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Sooomany spinners....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 04:10 AM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sooomany spinners....

Ok, I just want some opinions on different spinners. I am in need of a 4" and I am having a hard time deciding which one to get. I am looking at the DB Vortex, ZLine CF, or the TT. So far I am leaning more towards the Dave Brown just because is is like 30 bucks cheaper than the truturn. Even the carbon is cheaper than that. Which ever one I get it is going to get a paint job reguardless. Just looking for the one that is balanced, and wouldn't be too heavy with a couple layers of paint on it. So let me know what ya think!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Default Pete's Models Spinners

How about a CF Spinner from Pete's Models? He does fantastic work and his spinners are very reasonably priced. It would be a shame to put paint on them, but I guess you could.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Tru Turn is the best, then there is all the rest.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:22 PM
DeadSticker

The reason it is going to be painted is because it is going on my Patty Extra. You know, white with red twist. I wa just trying to find one that pretty much balanced. That is why I was leaning towards Truturn. I guess I could just buy an el-cheapo plastic spinner and paint it for static.....

hey Tim,
is there a web site for Pete? I did a search and had no luck

Hey Steve,
I am from a little town just out side of St Louis. About the only hobby shop I know of is the LHS in my town and then Checkered Flag in Arnold, if that's still open. I am in the Air Force and I live in Cali now, but when I am home I am always looking for shops. Is there any I should go check out next time I am home??
Old 01-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Schaefer's Hobby on Gravois in S. St. Louis and Mark Twain Hobby in St. Charles are two of the largest and best.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:29 PM
DeadSticker

Sweet...I will be back that way in Feb/Mar time frame. I will definantly go check them out. Thanks!!