Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Don't order from wholesaletrains.com

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Don't order from wholesaletrains.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:40 PM
holyschmoley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't order from wholesaletrains.com

DO NOT ORDER FROM wholesaletrains.com.

I was looking for a part that was backordered on most websites. I found these guys and my part. I ordered it, didn't receive it within a few days and inquired about. Now they tell me it's backordered 'as stated on website'. So I tell them to cancel my order at which time they tell me they'll charge me 7% or $5 minimum for that. I check the part now on the website and NOW it clearly states it was backordered. Luckily I used a credit card, so one way or another these clowns will not get a $1. But what kind of crooks try and charge to cancel an order when they've never lifted a finger to begin with since the item was backordered? Plus they probably found out this was backordered AFTER I placed my order and then updated their website without telling me.

Don't bother doing any business with these folks. It's not worth it.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:31 AM
scottsr

Default RE: Don't order from wholesaletrains.com

Your best bet is to make all your orders over the phone that way you have them check the stock and one other thing WATCH out these small sites can't afford the high dollar security software that is needed to keep hackers out so they are easy targets to hack into and get your credit card info and use it till they max you out . Trust me I got hit twice . The only thing I used that card for was to order parts online for my heli . That was the info the credit card fraud unit told me and they said there's nothing you can do except like I said do your transactions over the phone . Hope this helps .
Old 09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
carwood444

I have ordered several different things from Wholesale Trains and had good luke. Maybe you need to call them back and talk to someone else. Sorry to hear you had a problem with them. I have directed several people to them and never heard a negitive comment. I was steered to them by a friend.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A train company selling planes. There's a clue for ya! May as well go to Harbor Freight.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:01 AM
carwood444

That's just the name of the company. They sell alot of stuff for r/c. I have found things there I couldn't find anyplace else. Go to there web site and check it out. https://www.wholesaletrains.com/Default.htm
Old 09-16-2006, 04:42 PM
scott282
My Feedback: (7)

I also received bad service from them -

I purchased a H9 P40 warhawk. It arrived with a couple of the formers broken.

I e-mailed them with the details and they said they would send out a new fuse the next Monday. Well, it never arrived. I e-mailed again and again they said they would send out a new fuse. It also never arrived. When I e-mailed about the fuse not showing up they started not responding to my e-mails at all. It got to the point where I finally gave up and fixed the formers myself.

I guess they got exactly what they wanted.

Scott.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:47 AM
fcarpenter

I think you may have just had one bad experience with the wrong person..I dealt with wholesaletrains on the internet and never had a problem with any service..Then I noticed the town they were in and I stopped in..The place is known as Lantz hobbie shop in person and yes they are a BIG carrier of trains..However they are very knowledgable about many aspects of r/c and offer a wide range of models at a price I have yet to find beat by anyone on the net or otherwise..If you ever have any issue with them call and talk to Chris..he is who I deal with everytime I'm there and they are always willing to help
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 PM
KenVC
My Feedback: (7)

I too will never order from them again. I ordered a head for a Saito. They sent back an automatic response, the next day, and then for 3 weeks ignored me. I thought it was cancelled. After 3 1/2 weeks they suddenly sent an e-mail, said it was going to ship so I e-mailed back,the same day, that I didn,t want it and they shipped it anyway. Now they want to charge me 15% restocking fee. I told them to stuff it. I refuse to pay the Master card charge.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:48 PM
spinner223

I just wanted to relate my experiences with wholesaletrains.com. To make a long story short, it was one of the worst online purchases I have ever made. They routinely mislead customers about the availability of merchandise. Listings on their website will promise that a particular item will ship within days. In truth, it can (and usually does) take weeks or months before an item will be shipped. They are totally unresponsive to emails. They will also attempt to charge a restocking fee, even when they don't actually have the item in stock . All in all, I can only say that I wish I had done more research about them before I spent any money. Don't fall for their promises and don't be misled by prices that seem so reasonable. It was a miserable experience and I will NEVER do business with them again.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:12 AM
wedgewing

Very surprised because I have been looking for Mini Pulse XT parts, and they had a cowl for mine and I had it in 3 days. Backordered on other major sites (I don't need it when it is snowing here). sounds like a previous poster had it right, everyplace is going to have issues. sounds like they botched the OPs order.

May be called wholesale trains, but they have the planes & parts I can wait until next year to get. placing an order today for an elevator and will keep everyone posted
Old 12-14-2007, 04:04 AM
dillo

I wish I had noticed this page before ordering from Wholesaletrains. I've ordered from lots of online stores and never had this kind of bad experience. I joined this forum just so I could post my agreement with the subject of this thread.

My story: They have the lowest price on a Bruder truck I wanted to get for Christmas for my son. The truck is marked as "available" on the website. The only strange thing I found while ordering is that they don't tell you the shipping cost, even after you place the order. The site does state that shipping is at least $8.95. (Eventually I learned that shipping is $15.95.) A week after placing the order I sent an email asking about it and the response was that they would "send it the same day they receive it". They did not volunteer any information about when that might be. A few days after that I ordered the truck elsewhere (dianatoys). The price was a bit higher, but in the end the shipping was a lot lower than what Wholesaletrains charges. That dianatoys order was shipped the day after I placed it. I sent email to Wholesaletrains canceling the first order, but no response. Last night I got an email from FedEx that they had received shipping information for the package. This morning around 11AM EST I called to ask that if the package had not yet been picked up to please take it from the loading dock. They claimed to have never gotten my email canceling the order, and informed me that the package had already been picked up. To return it I would need to pay to ship it back and they would deduct 15% from the refund - not really worth it. This evening I checked on the FedEx site and it says the order was picked up 6:30 PM. Wholesaletrains just flat out lied to me about the package pickup. I'm sure they got the cancelation email too, but there is no proof. I know I should refuse delivery and dispute the charges with the credit card company, but I just hate fighting about stuff like that, so I'll probably just find some other lucky kid who will get a really nice truck.

I do hate being deceived about the availability of items and I really hate being lied to on the phone, so at least I want to warn others.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:34 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Maybe everyone needs to call them on this phone number 888-762-6633
Old 05-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Jonesy657

I had a simmular problem with them, and they were unwiling to work with me on any account. They were very short on their answers and didn't communicate in a positive way. I was a first time customer and when i went to cancel an order i sent in an e-mail, when I recieved no responce I called. The guy i talked to told me he cancled it, I then said OK and ended the conversation. A week later I received an e-mail stating that my item was shipped, So I called them up. He guy that I talked said that I should have recieved a comfermation number for the cancelation, however being a new customer I didn't know. Then I tried explaing my situation about the E-mail and the guy I talked to, the only responce that I keep getting was " Its policy" and were very rude and unwilling to help. I was also stuck with a restalking fee. I then asked for a manager and after being on hold for 10 min someone else pickes up the phone and said he will look at the reccords and give me a call back. The next day without a returned call, I called them and he was unavalable, so I asked if i could leave a message they took my info and three days latter no phone call. Now the product is setting on my table.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
mike early

Another thumbs down!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
ashtray

Thank goodness I saw this.. I was about to place a big order with them. I was a bit uncomfortable about them NOT telling me exactly how much shipping would be so I did a little research and found this page. I don't care if you've been "lucky" with them in the past, they are obviously not interested in taking care of their customers. I've dealt with companies like this in the past and am glad to have been saved the effort on this one. The sad thing is.. I could have saved some bucks with them. Its not worth it though to roll the dice.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Clay Walters

Wow! Guess I was lucky. I ordered a kit last fall from them after seeing the link in a post. Everything went smoothly and kit arrived just fine. Last time I looked over the site the inventory of items of interest to me was very small so I didn't order.

Hopefully the troubles of 2006 & 2007 won't gig anyone today,

Clay
Old 04-28-2010, 09:12 PM
thetrainman

i knew this already i deal in trains for the most part and on more than 1 occasion have bought broken merchandise from them only for them to tell me i have to send it to the maker for repairs that they wont give a refund...so after the 3rd time i quit using them as i cant afford to buy there broken crud and then spend more money to send it off and as i learned on 2 occasions have to pay for the repairs adding insult to injury
Old 04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
dude7422

hi all my bad venfor list is so big its has its own frigen zip code lol
Old 07-09-2010, 09:21 PM
lione_klin

Wholesaletrains.com wow = fond the best price on an Athearn Train item but the UPS shipping billed seperately was over $14.00 and should have been under
$9.00. Also ordered a Kato locomotive a couple years back when Kato first started MAP pricing and this company did not honor MAP pricing so did not get the
items I had ordered in advance of the release and when questioned they told me They did not receive my order and I have a printed copy of it, oh well it could
have been handled better with the truth.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
[email protected]

Hi all.

I had to post to tell you that I am very impressed with WholeSaleTrains.com

I had my eye on them for sometime as their prices are the best on the web.

I called them in mid Dec 2010 to get a price on an order I was about to submit and the gentlemen (Gary B) was very helpful and told me I he had a high confidence they would get me my HOTrain items before Dec 24th. He also told me to expect a $40 shipping charge (not bad from coast to coast).
The package arrived on Dec 21st and the final shipping charge was $22 - I was very pleased.

For those that were interested, I ordered.

-
36 Code 100 36" Super-Flex HO Track Bulk, Atlas Model Trains, ATL168 - $3.22
1 Track Nails (400 approx.), Atlas Model Trains, ATL2540 - $3.50
1 Code 100 Insulated Rail Joiners (24), Atlas HO Scale Trains, ATL55 - $1.33
6 HO Code 100 Terminal Track Rail Joiners (1pr), Atlas HO Scale Trains, ATL842 - $2.36
1 12.5 Degree Crossing Track 9" Custom Line, Code 100 Nickel Silver, Atlas Model Trains, ATL177 - $7.19
1 Code 100 Mark IV #6 Right-Hand Turnout, Atlas Model Trains, ATL284 - $11.45
1 Code 100 Mark IV #6 Left-Hand Turnout, Atlas Model Trains, ATL283 - $11.45
2 Code 100 Mark IV #4 Right-Hand Turnout, Atlas Model Trains, ATL282 - $11.32
2 Code 100 Mark IV #4 Left-Hand Turnout, Atlas Model Trains, ATL281 - $11.32
2 Code 100 #8 Left Hand Turnout, Atlas Model Company, ATL285 - $12.45
1 Track Tool , MLR Mfg - 479-5001 - $3.79
1 Steel End of Track Bumpers 12 Pack, Walthers Cornerstone, 933-3511 - $6.82
1 Razor Saw,52 Teeth Per Inch, Zona Hobby Tools, ZON35050 - $3.59
1 Butterfly Station Platform Shelters - 4 Pack , Walthers Cornerstone, 933-3175 - $21.59
2 Operating Dual crossing gate for Power-Loc Track, Life-Like Products Inc., 433-8309 - $11.38
2 HO Code 100 9" Rerailer From Bulk (1 Section) with Joiners, ATL155 - $1.56
1 Foam Nails, 2" (75), Woodland Scenics, WDS1432 - $4.63
3 Code 100 or 83 Nickel Silver Track Joiners, 48pk, Atlas Model Trains, ATL170 - $2.23
Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 PM
geekdisk

I also agree, these people seem cheap but charged me almost 3 times what normal shipping rates should have been. They also shipped my order in 3 separate shipments over a 3-week period instead of shipping everything together.

VERY dissatisfied and will NOT order from them again. The prices were slightly cheaper, but after shipping and the very long waits it ended up costing $40 more than if I had ordered elsewhere.

AVOID them.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Balsa-Buster
My Feedback: (29)

I too got a lesson from these crooks. Years ago I placed an order with them because of their attractive prices plus they had free shipping on a $100 order (and smoke oil is heavy!). Guess what! They split my order into 2 separate shipments of less than $100 and I was charged more than $20 for their *free shipping*. Not once would they answer an email and I was in no frame of mind to speak to them on the phone. I was then subjected to constant email ads for years after and they wouldn't remove my address. To this day I have them blocked from my email accounts.
My advice: pay a few more $$ up front to a reputable merchant and STEER CLEAR of these CROOKS at all cost.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too am now a victim of their scamming. I was searching for a piston ring. It was out of stock most places, but Wholesaletrain listed it as in stock ready to ship. I found the "shipping charge will be added" unusual, but not unheard of. I also found their page of shipping policies and noted the cost of shipping would be a minimum $9.95 and so I figured a piston ring will go for the minimum. So I ordered it and expected it to ship in a couple of days. I did not receive a notice of shipping after three days and so I went back to check on my order and now it lists the item as out of stock until at least the 23rd of Feb. The warehouse that THEY would have to get it from lists it as out of stock till March. So I was going to cancel the order and when I found and read their cancel policy I was flabbergasted that they would charge a minimum $5 for the "extra paperwork".

Well these jerks are not going to get any "free" money from me so I will just wait forever for them to ship the ring as I can always use it. In the meantime I will just order another from the distributor anyway and chances are it will arrive sooner.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:29 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

When you order from any company online you need to know what kind of business you're ordering from. A Brick & Mortar Hobby Shop or an E-tailer. Most of the e-tailers are just drop ship Internet retailers, they have no "stock" on hand, they are just a middle man. A actual Hobby Shop might have a rare out of stock everywhere else part in stock, but if you go to Tower or Horizon and they are out of stock,, chance are pretty good so is everyone else.

If you feel you've been tricked into thinking the part was in stock and it wasn't, and you're getting charged based on this deception. That's a Fraud. Call your CC company and file a dispute, they'll reverses the charges. If enough people do that the CC companies will get tired of doing business with the guy. Believe me CC companies hate extra work

good luck
Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM
fade1800

Some people simply should not be in business. I wish I had seen this thread before attempting to buy from them. I bought an item online from them and after three weeks I could not get an answer on when the item would be shipped. At no time was I informed that the item was backordered nor given any reasonable explanations, just snotty responses to my email requests for delivery. This is obviously a fly by night operation run by one idiot with no customer service skills whatsoever. Finally culminated in me telling the guy his customer service sucks, and that sparked him to supposedly refund my money. He better refund every penny or I will be seeking a chargeback through my credit card company. This crook does not deserve a single penny.

BE FOREWARNED!!!!!!!DO BUSINESS WITH WholesaleTrains.com AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.