Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Customer Service Comparison

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Customer Service Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 02:46 PM
AJF 2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Service Comparison

Example #1--sent an engine back to Horizon with a note to call me with an estamite. Mailed the engine Monday July 8th-set to arrive the 10th. Emailed them earlier this week. Still nothing----(snooozzzzzeeeee)

Example #2--My Taurus 52 would not start this weekend. Emailed Bill O on Monday the 15th. Got a response Tuesday with instructions on troublshooting the problem. Sent him my results Tuesday afternoon--within an hour he emailed me saying a new ignition module was on the way, and would I mail him the old one as soon as I could.
What a contrast!
Old 07-18-2002, 06:17 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

#1, why dont you call.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

I would think a email would be a accepted form of communication, as opposed to the phone. For example, I emailed Central hobbies of a problem with a tach I had purchased, and in 24 hours I had a email back with the return number to send it back.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:13 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree, but, at least on the phone you know someone is hearing what your saying! who knows how long itll sit in the inbox before they see it.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:36 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

who knows how long itll sit in the inbox before they see it.

I think thats the point !

Doug
Old 07-21-2002, 06:51 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

With a big company, you never know if your email gets to where it needs to be. With a small company there's a much better chance.

If you're concerned about the time, follow up. It's really simple.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:53 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default A Warm Body

I've called Horizon on numerous occasions and talked to first a receptionist type of person, and then the actual person working on my radio. It's nice to not have to use menu options on the telephone. They've always been right there when I needed them. Even recieved a thank you note for purchasing a system, and a follow up note asking how things are going. Both were in the forms of postcards and in the mail. Give em a call...
Old 07-22-2002, 01:07 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was not in a big hurry for the engine, nor is this meant to be a slam against Horizion--it is just as the post is titled--a customer service comparision

PS-got a response to my email from Horizion--they say they got the engine on the 12th-(how about that customer service from UPS also ) and that it normally takes about 7 days to get to it.
As far as Bill O at Taurus, I am just so impressed at a company who trys so hard to make sure you are satisified--and Yes--I think they are a 2 man operation--and Bill says he wants to keep it that way.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:20 PM
AJF 2
My Feedback: (1)

Default While I was gone--------

I am registered twice on RCU--(once at work and also at home)-been on vacation and out of the office since Thursday-When I got to work this morning, I had a message from the folks at Horizion wanting to help with my problem. Again let me re-state as I did in my post last night-(see above)- I am not upset, nor is this a slam against Horizion-- Thanks Danny for your concern--