Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Lost tower order

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:23 PM
flyeff
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost tower order

I recently made an order through tower hobby for around $300 to finish a plane Im building. UPS says it was delievered but I never received it. No one was home at the time they said it was delievered so it could have been stolen. I called tower and they said they would call ups but it usually takes a week to get some kind of answer. Im sure tower being the type of company they are will do there best to help me out any way they can. Has anyone had this happen to them and how was it resolved.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:40 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lost tower order

yes it happen thru Fed Ex and Tower sent another plane within two days-Fed Ex rep stated that they were having problems with a thief that was following trucks in residential area and picking up everything that was left at the door-I am now required to sign for items shipped from Tower. I think this was Tower's idea and not Fed Ex-for the simple reason I still recieve other packages from Fed Ex that are left on the door.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:39 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my first ever tower order go missing. Tower gave me the usual wait for 45 days and contact us which I did. They answered with that they would give me credit to the value of my order but I would from now on have to use Fed-ex for my shipping and I would also have to get items sent to a different shipping address. I reordered my stuff while having to pay for fed-ex shipping ( A huge number because I'm in Aus) I also had to pay $20 just for them to figure out the shipping costs! Anyway I eventually recieved my 2nd order but I was out of pocket about $100. Since then I have never ordered from tower on my account due to the high shipping cost that I am forced to pay but I have had friends order me stuuf several times.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:19 AM
jettstarblue

Once upon a time, Tower shipped a radio to me and it was delivered via UPS. They dropped it at my door and left. (no signature) The neighbor kid stole it. UPS and Tower battled it out for about two weeks as I remember before UPS paid Tower to send me another radio.

I found the radio inside an old boat a few years later back in the woods behind my neighbors house....it was not serviceable.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:26 AM
LANNYBOB

did you go whippen somebodys ass in the neighborhood. i would have reguardless of the boys father, and whooped him too that punk.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:49 AM
jettstarblue

ORIGINAL: LANNYBOB

did you go whippen somebodys ass in the neighborhood. i would have reguardless of the boys father, and whooped him too that punk.

His dad was in and out of jail for car theft ect.... the kid was only 10-12 years old, mamma, well that's yet another sad story.

Fortunately the moved after a couple of years.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
flyeff
My Feedback: (20)

I got home this afternoon and guess what was sitting on my front porch? Yes my order from tower. It must have been shipped to the wrong address. The package had been opened but all was there.