Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

The new "Plug-N-Play"

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:07 AM
quantum95h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new "Plug-N-Play"

Hey All,

I think this is my 3rd post! I have been into R/C since I was 14 and flew for about 10 years or so. I took a 15 year break and now I'm back! This is a great website and I have learned alot from many people. I've got another question for everyone.

I've been reading about the new "plug-n-play" concept from hangar 9. I bought a pluse xt and loved it. I say loved it because after 15 minutes of flying (did refuel during that time) the engine quit low over trees and I destroyed it. So I just bought another one and should have it up next weekend. I saw on horizon hobby a pulse xt pnp (plug-n-play) and thought "well it's about time!" What a great concept. I think we all could say that we don't have a whole lot of time to spend putting these things together, we would rather spend that time flying. I have noticed that there is not a very wide range of choices when it comes to this new concept.

My question is: Does anyone know the direction this new concept is going? When do you think they will start to have more planes to choose from? Will this become a major category like RTF and ARF?

What does eveyone think??

Thanks

Quantum
Old 09-24-2006, 10:52 AM
jettstarblue

Default RE: The new "Plug-N-Play"

I don't know about everyone else, but I got one of those H-9 Alpha Trainers for the troups and an H-9 Arrow for myself.

I like the fact that I just had to charge 'em up and go fly.

I like building planes from kits, but I like the fact that you can buy something that is RTF too.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:06 PM
LonestarMan

Well....... I would say small planes yes... 1/4 scale and up no 'cause most peeps want to select their own eqiuipmet , ie servos and

stuff. Now some heli setups come as a ARF w/ radio preselected and stuff, but not plug and play. I like ARF's since I don't have a lot of

time,patience, or space to work. Also a PNP deal gets noob's in the air quickly since they don't have to bust thier brains about set-ups

and stuff. JMO.... Rob..
Old 09-25-2006, 05:57 AM
jettstarblue

There are those out there that will say "Plug-N-Play is for losers" and you must build from scratch and every plane must be hewn from a single block of balsa using only some plans that you bought from a magazine and ARF's and RTF's are only for those without a soul!

Those guys have a lot of time to kill and even more money to throw.

There, that ought to get me in trouble!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:36 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since this same question is currently open in the ARF forum, I'm going to close this one.

If you want to comment, answer here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4787438/tm.htm