Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Inside R/c Tv

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 10:34 PM
OnTheEdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inside R/c Tv

Ugh.....Two minutes into the show and one of the hosts refered to RC as "toys"......not once but twice.

Oh well, it's still a step in the right direction for our toys.......I mean Hobby.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:08 PM
bdphil
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inside R/c Tv

Ugh.....Two minutes into the show and one of the hosts refered to RC as "toys"......not once but twice.
That caught my attention too, but then most of what I saw were "toys". Let's see some balsa and CA (show the viewers what they look like when they don't come "ready to run, right out of the box").

Not a bad first episode though, I really want a float plane now.

Ben
Old 12-30-2002, 11:12 PM
OnTheEdge

Default Inside R/c Tv

Originally posted by bdphil
Not a bad first episode though, .................

One thing that surprised me was the quality of the commercials. Usually commercials for a small captive audience are made with camcorders with very little graphics if any. Very impressive.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:22 PM
jneesy

Default Inside R/c Tv

yeah the commercials are better than the show (kinda like the super bowl)needs alot more how to and didnt even hear the ama mentioned once.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:28 PM
Blackie

Default RC TV showing tonight? Problems

I sure hope the TVguide.com web site is wrong. After looking at our time zone on dish network, I believe EST is a one hour difference from CST. TVguide is not coming up with the day preview of RCTV, nothing but fishing shows. *shrugs*

Randy
Old 12-30-2002, 11:38 PM
Blackie

Default Inside R/c Tv

After looking at bychow's post, looks like I missed it. Damn paid programing got me. So much for that sh*t.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:51 PM
fryfly
My Feedback: (8)

Default Inside R/c Tv

just wanted to let everyont know I just finished watching first show and was pretty good especially for the first one.A little too much on boats but I guess the show was centered on and around the water,therefore the extra emphasis on the boat stuff.I hope the future brings a little more coverage for the plane stuff,don't like my feet on the ground too long!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 11:57 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default THUMBS UP ON INSIDE RC

The boats were fun to watch,like I sead watch.I'll stay with my planes.Lets see some building tips.
Over all the show was great.The Tech tips were so so.I know they will get better.
anyway Thumbs up to INSDE RC, I'll watch every show.
NEDYOB
Old 12-31-2002, 01:09 AM
DSJBEAN
My Feedback: (1)

Default Inside R/c Tv

I watched and enjoyed it except for the toys part. I'm not into boatrs but I did build a float plane last year and never got to fly it yet. Makes me wish it were spring already.

I'll keep watching.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:04 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default Inside R/c Tv

C'mon guys, admit it, the show was a joke. It was nothing more than a here's a boat, here's a kyosho waverunner, here's an airboat, etc.

There were some nice "action shots", but little of merit in the show.

I think if they would combine this show with the one on DIY they may get somthing worth watching. As they are now, neither is very good, but the one on DIY has much better content....even if there seems to be only about 6 shows that keep getting rerun over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:08 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Default bychow, here is a tip

CAN the rock music. The show was OK, Broberg was great.
But I don't think I need rock music. If I ever get a need for that I can tune in MTV.
4 stroken ron
Old 12-31-2002, 03:18 AM
fryfly

Default Inside R/c Tv

I agree all around but what else do we have to watch?????????
Seems every other hobby in the world has a tv show.
Painting,gardening,crafts,flower arranging,-what the hell is that all about anyway? Seems we got left out in the cold. what's wrong with this picture!! HUH!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:12 AM
FrankC29

Default Inside R/c Tv

Well there deffinately was a lack of content. It was mostly watercraft and a couple of float planes in action, plus a suggestion to visit your LHS. Since this the first one, it's kind of expected. If all the others go this way though...
Old 12-31-2002, 05:21 AM
fryfly

Default Inside R/c Tv

I guess we just have to give it time and hope for the best.This just goes to show all of us airplane guys that there is another aspect of the hobby out there that is actually pretty big. ( who cares though ) just kidding !!!! I'm sure that there will be a show that appeals to each and everyone of us, EVENTUALLY.
Like I said before though -what else do we have to look forward to?
Old 12-31-2002, 08:07 AM
KillerLoki

Default Inside R/c Tv

well from the sounds of the show Im glad I did not get the outdoor channel 606 on direct tv and as for the rock that was mentioned above hate to break it to ya but MTV does not play rock its all that RAP CRAP anymore even MTV 2 is mostly RAP CRAP I dont let my girls watch MTV but enough of MTV ths is about our Hobby of flight the artical i read in RCM said the show was going to be an hour long show and it was only listed in my menu at a half an hour the thing with the DIY show that dissapointed me was there was never enough footage of the product in use it was always the last 5 min. of the show and it sounds like that is some whats the case here too. If there was a show that had about a half an hour of construction of the product then a half an hour of the product in use with it finnishing up with a review on it like all the product reviews in the Hobby Mags that are all ways fun to read so you can say hay that might be worth buying next time im at the hobby shop unlike the magizne reviews you can see it in action for your self and say it does handle well or it looks to uncontrolable for me type of thing. :idea:
Old 12-31-2002, 08:14 AM
KillerLoki

Default Inside R/c Tv

Oh buy the way thats what im doing tommrow im off to the airfield im the AM new years eve (Morning) If I can I will try to get some pics if i dont run into any wind unfortunatly the air field i fly at is in wind ally out here in so cal. and its a hit or miss on a light wind there but I will try anyways see ya all later and every body have a HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 12-31-2002, 08:25 AM
KillerLoki

Default Inside R/c Tv

hey ByChow I think its listed your 4 epsode??? is TOC is that the TOC in Vegas? Im from Vegas but in so cal now and the TOC field is where I used to fly every time I could it is a great field with the exception of the swamp/marsh land on the otherside of the runway there if you loose a plane in that area its almost imposable to find unless you have one of those noise things in your plane that will help you find it but I have been to 3 TOC when I was in Vegas and they are great and any every one else should go to TOC as well its like a 3 day thing in Oct. every year and vegas is not hot in Oct. plus the aircraft are huge. they also put on a fun half time show with Turbines and other aircraft. there is Food TOC merchandise ect there, the trip and if im not back in vegas by next Oct I will make the drive for a weekend to see it again.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:34 AM
fliers1

Default Inside R/c Tv

Did the folks at Inside RC ever ask RC aeromodeling modelers what they would like to see on Inside RC?

One reason there will be so much surface vehicles shown on the show: http://www.insiderc.com/behind_scenes.shtm

Only a couple of people behind the scenes are into RC aircraft.
Maybe these folks should learn how to fly RC aircraft, that way, they could see the hobby/sport through our eyes.
I imagine if most if not all were addicted RC pilots, we would be very happy campers and Inside RC would be the show to watch.

But like it has been said, give it time, as many very popular TV shows had not so good ratings in their first year on the air, but eventually made all the previously unknowns on the show very big stars.

Take care,
CCR
http://www.kites.org/rc_instructors
Old 12-31-2002, 11:56 AM
coomarlin
My Feedback: (1)

Default Inside R/c Tv

I really was totally unimpressed with the show. It was a product showcase pure and simple. No tips, (well except for that "Dubro Quick Clip glo charger" tip, but in reality that was also a commercial. The interview with the Hitec rep was a big commercial.

I agree with the previous poster that suggested using aspects of both "Inside RC" and "Radio Control Hobbies" to make one show. At least the DIY show gives modeling tips and does not throw out a sponser name every 10 seconds.

I realize that they need the sponsers to cover the cost of the show, but that was really overboard.

The videos were nice, but it seemed like 20 minutes of the 30 minute show was closeup video of RC set to rock music.

The 2 hosts at the beginning of the show was a waste of time. Ddd they really need 2 people setting at that desk? I had to laugh when the guy made that sexist comment about "If a girl can do it, I could do it better". They are probably not focusing on female demographics. The chubby bald guy that actually did all of the on-hands stuff was pretty good. He was a much better talker than either of the 2 hosts at the beginning of the show.

There is still tons of room for improvement. I'll watch it since it's on every week and there aren't many other options. But I surely won't endorse as a great piece of work.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:34 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Default Inside R/c Tv

Since my ridiculously high priced cable doesn't have it , I went out to my parents house and watched it with them. 5 minutes into the show my Dad was asleep and 10 min later Mom was too. I liked the show, but as the others would like to see more plane stuff. I think it did a good job of being on the level of someone just thinking about RC. The out takes were funny. I hope they do a show on crashes , but I doubt that will happen. We don't want the public to think any thing negative about us. As to all the ads and "references to products", this is no different than most of our RC mags. At least they're consistent .
Old 12-31-2002, 04:37 PM
Brian Cole

Default Inside R/c Tv

Interesting comments.

My own, abeit naive, first impression of Inside RC, is that it holds significant potential for getting people (youngsters especially) off the couch, away from the computor games, and outside where they can get some excercise and fresh air. With all the crap our kids are exposed to these days, the Inside RC TV show is a fresh breath of air.

Personally, I'm glad that someone had the guts to put their time and effort into promoting RC on TV. And I'm sure, ( just like anyone who first starting flying models) the show will get better with more time, experience, and well intentioned feedback.

bc
Old 12-31-2002, 04:49 PM
fryfly

Default Inside R/c Tv

I don't believe none of us here so far has looked at it in this fashion,You are so right!! We get so wrapped up into our own stage in the hobby that sometimes we get too far away from the basic ideas that originally spurred out hearts and minds. It was a very good program when you put it into that perspective.If we as modelers (no matter what stage we are at) forget to promote and push the hobby that we all love it will cease to exist someday!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:43 PM
FunXtra

Default :mad: :mad: :mad:

PLEASE INSIDE R/C PEEPLE DONT CALL R/C VEHICLES TOYS BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT, ALL THE DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND PEOPLE THESE "TOYS" CAN DO IS REALLY LARGE.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE GUIDELINES IN THE AMA PAGE BEFORE SAYING ANYTHING, SO YOU GUYS CAN HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT THESE THINGS ARE
Regards,
FunXtra (AKA Harald)
Old 12-31-2002, 07:21 PM
FunXtra

Default Inside R/c Tv

whoops the faces didnt show up.
Ok i sort of changet my mind; its great to have somebody showing the future modelist (RC person ) how nice this hobby is.
I surely forgot when i was 7 and i wanted some airplane really bad, i had to wait 4 yeers...well, when ur a kid u forget about sorta kool spontaneous stuff, but RC airplanes sticked around
i think that show after all makes the future hobbyst's dreams seem to be closer ( aint i rite???)
Old 12-31-2002, 07:47 PM
fryfly

Default Inside R/c Tv

YUP !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.