Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

New Zealand Flyers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Cosmic57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Zealand Flyers?

Don't know if this is in the right place...

Just wondering if there are any fliers here from New Zealand? My wife & I are seriously considering emigrating from the UK and have friends in NZ.
Just couldn't go if it meant leaving the hobby behind.....
Old 10-04-2006, 04:49 PM
campbec

Default RE: New Zealand Flyers?

Hi Cosmic,

Not only do our mates across the Tasman fly radio control models they have had the electric light on for a few years now, not to mention some really good looking sheep.

The Kiwis have some excellent flyers. A bloke by the name of Frazer Briggs has won major aerobatic events in the USA. When he flys in Australia he does to our flyers what the All Blacks do to the Wallabies.

This link may answer some of your questions.

http://nzmaa.org.nz/apps/main.asp

Chees,

Colin
Old 10-05-2006, 04:04 AM
AlphaWhisky

Default RE: New Zealand Flyers?

Hi Cosmic,

I`m a Kiwi who has been flying all manner of r/c models over much of the North Island of NZ for the past 30 odd years. NZ has roughly the same land area as England but has a total population of only 4 million people of whom approximately 5000 are registered with MZMAA - not all r/c fliers. We are a reasonably tight-knit bunch and most of us know or fly with or against others of similar interests from all over.

I`ve flown with Frazer Briggs, from time to time, and had the odd beer with him too - his dad lives barely a mile from here.

I`d be happy to give you the rundown on the Kiwi r/c scene from a personal point of view if you are interested. Send me your email address via a PM and I`ll get in touch with you direct.

Cheers,

Alan W