Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NASHVILLE fields....?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NASHVILLE fields....?

I am living close to Antioch. I am looking for fields to fly my 30%+ aircraft. Thanks a ton guys, Keith
Old 10-29-2006, 08:10 PM
shakes268

Default RE: NASHVILLE fields....?

I fly a 100cc QQ Yak out at Cane Ridge Park - just south of Antioch on Old Hickory Blvd (not Bell Road).
If you need directions, visit the club web site at [link=http://www.mtrcs.com]MTRCS.COM[/link].

There's a few of us who fly gassers out there, some sport flyers, some electrics. Nice field if you haven't visited. Let me know if you have any questions!

Jarrod
Old 10-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Dart373

Right on. Thanks. I am new to 3D. I am getting better. I went to some fields in SC (Triple Tree was one of my home fields, I am lucky!), but the rest are too small, or too busy. Busy fields and me and my bigger planes scare both me and the "people" walking all over the runway.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
shakes268

You might like flying with us then. Our field isn't extremely busy - we have a regular group that flies out there but when the bigger planes are up people usually give them space. I'd say everyone is really courteous. We don't have a lot of 3D pilots, but a few of us are trying We're probably right down the road from you. One thing - no one walks all over the fields - we do have safety guidelines like calling out you're on the field to retreive your plane - calling landings, calling take offs, etc. Its all common sense stuff really.

Like I said, any questions - let me know. If you want to go out, take a look, etc I can meet you out there too.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:32 PM
GPutt33

Hi Dart373 - Sounds like shakes268 has you hooked up with a place to fly. If you need a map to the field try using this [link=http://www.ama-dist-8.org/Clubs/Locator.php]AMA Club Locator[/link] created by Bill Lee, it's pretty awesome. I input the name Antioch and Tenn and a 25 mile radius and it came up with a total of 9 clubs with the MIDDLE TENNESSEE RC SOCIETY being about the 5th one of the list. If you see[link=http://www.ama-dist-8.org/Clubs/ShowGreggData.php?clubno=597]Link to GPS and Aeiral Imagery[/link], you'll find my data which includes directions to the actual field rather then the normal Club Contact info.

Have a blast flying and I hope this helps a little in getting you out there
Old 10-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Dart373

Shakes, lets meet up... I am off a lot. I am flexible. I wanna come look at your field. I am legally in Antioch by mailing address. Thanks, Keith [email protected]
Old 11-12-2006, 05:25 PM
NigrumAirlines

Drive up to Bowling Green and give our place a try on a nice day...

skymacrc.com
Old 04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Dart373

I am joining to the Cane Ridge Park field..... It's just too close to me...
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I have flown at several of the fields.
The Cane Ridge field is great, just don't fly too far to the left over the houses.
The field in Hendersonville is great as well.
There is a lot there for the entire family to do while you are flying.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Dart373

What's the deal? I have heard you do NOT need a membership. Then, I hear you need a park permit AND a membership. Their website it vague... please inform. Keith
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 AM
hunterbill05

Hendersonville has a nice field,
There is plenty for your family to do as well, and I suggest you follow them around and do whatever they are doing.
By that I mean DONT FLY HERE!!!
ESPECIALLY if you are under the age of 45!
Be prepared to be swarmed by old men when u pull into the parking lot, demanding to see your AMA license.
They will explain to you how the don't even allow people to use their little parking lot without an AMA license, while you franticly look for your license so they will leave you alone.
By the time you get ready to fly, you will be embarassed just by being seen with these mean old men.
I'm sure some are nice, but this was my experience... and I will NEVER return to fly.
Something needs to be done here, cocky old men who think they have authority and abuse it.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:14 AM
hunterbill05

sorry the top got cut off...
it said:
Hendersonville has a nice field,
There is plenty for your family to do as well............