Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Loudest prop!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Mr.Extra 260
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudest prop!!!???

What is the loudest prop you can put on a .90 size engine??? I was just wondering because I love to fly loud!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Loudest prop!!!???

Master Airscrew.

Oh goodie. Something else loud to look forward to. Maybe you can tie some cans on strings and drag them behind the model while taxiing.

If you leave the edges of the covering unsealed for about 3/4" that makes noise. too.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Mr.Extra 260

A loud prop sounds cool in my opinion. Does master air screw give that high pitched Buzz???
Old 10-31-2006, 11:07 PM
skull1971

Are we trolling, or what??
Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Mr.Extra 260

No! I am not the only one who likes the sound of a loud prop. Do you know who Mark Leseberg is?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:52 PM
NorfolkSouthern

If you really want a loud prop, go for a 1/4 scale Extra, Ultimate, Yak-54, or Cap 580. Hang a composite prop on it, and use a twin-cylinder two stroke. Not only will it have considerable volume, it will also sound decent. If you want something that's more realistic, and want to hear more of the prop than the engine at idle, get a model that will accomdate an O.S. Pegasus 320 engine. I saw a Christen Eagle with one of those, and not only was the prop loud, the engine sounded good. A twin cylinder 4-stroke might sound more realistic, but that 4 cylinder was like listening to a Triumph Bonneville T100 motorcycle. Now just imagine that engine without a muffler, swinging that huge composite!

NorfolkSouthern
Old 11-01-2006, 12:10 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

They sell whistles to embed in your plane also!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Mr.Extra 260

I already have 40% that roars with a bolly prop and a 3w 150. I was just wondering which would work well on a 90.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:56 AM
aussiesteve

For a real good noise - get an air screamer.

Then to make the absolute best noise, make sure that your engine is bolted solid to the airframe - don't use one of those vibration absorbing mounts - theyre for pussies. Then cut about 1/4" off one propeller tip only. the resultant resonance will be so cool. Don't worry about foam mounting of the radio gear or anything - it just adds weight and all that horrible foam just dampens the sound that a nice hollow airframe makes anyway.[:-]

As for those people that try to keep their planes quiet - Hah - why not cause a bit of upset from our airfield neighbors they shouldn't be so grumpy anyway and a good dose of a screaming internal combustion engine should make them all better!!![:@]

I AM ONLY JOKING AND I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS TOO

Oh how the few can so easily spoil it for the Many!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:35 AM
jettstarblue

I make my planes REALLY LOUD with black powder.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Mr.Extra 260

Once again have any of you guys heard of Mark Leseberg??? I think the growl of a prop sounds cool.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
aussiesteve

You mean this Mark Leseburg?

[link]http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video.php?viewkey=5ecef6d936cf77b8d5b2[/link]

(Apologies to Mark - I just couldn't help that).

I wonder how cool that prop sounds now!!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr.Extra 260

Once again have any of you guys heard of Mark Leseberg??? I think the growl of a prop sounds cool.
What about him? Loud noises might sound cool to you but in general, not good for the hobby.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:45 PM
aussiesteve

What about him? Loud noises might sound cool to you but in general, not good for the hobby.
You have 100% agreement from me on that one!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:57 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

You mean this Mark Leseburg?

[link]http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video.php?viewkey=5ecef6d936cf77b8d5b2[/link]

(Apologies to Mark - I just couldn't help that).

I wonder how cool that prop sounds now!!
Gee, what a shame!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Mr.Extra 260

Yes that mark. I saw that flight in person and trust me it sounds awsome. Mark said before that flight that he likes two thing playing golf and flying loud. I am the same way!!! I am not trying to be obnoxious just in case some people were wondering. Anyways you cant make a 90 loud enough to be that bad. I was just wondering if I could but probably not.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: Mr.Extra 260
I am not trying to be obnoxious just in case some people were wondering.
Try telling that to those who live near your field, I'm sure they'll understand that .
Old 11-02-2006, 12:00 AM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

I'd be willing to bet that the airfield was there first and the whining people who end up complaining move in without checking the area out firsthand. Lack of common sense, lets spend a quarter to half a million dollars or more on a house ''then" research the surrounding area later. Huummm
Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Mr.Extra 260

I agree. But I dont fly at a feild any ways. So thats another reason I dont have to worry!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: blueline

I'd be willing to bet that the airfield was there first and the whining people who end up complaining move in without checking the area out firsthand. Lack of common sense, lets spend a quarter to half a million dollars or more on a house ''then" research the surrounding area later. Huummm
IT DOESN'T MATTER
Old 11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
bla bla

There's is noisy as in loud and there's noisy as in great meaty sound.
If it's the later you're after then in must be Master Airscrew... but not just any MS, you must have the Classic line!!!
A good meaty sound is due to prop noise. You want as much inefficient prop beating the air, (as opposed to cutting through it) as much as possible.
The MS Classic series gives you this. As far a prop tech' is concerned they are, basically, not mincing words, totally crap.
The blades are just flaping about, tring to move the airplane forward... and thats what you want.
Get the biggest diameter amd the lowest pitch you can live with and connect it to a decent 4 stroke (sorry it just don't work on a 2.stroke) and marvell!
I had a 1.20 Surpass and a MS classic 16x6. what a wonderful sound.
It's noisy in a good way. People liked it.

By the way, that Mark Leseberg video/rutine was just dreadful. Terrible silly sound. Terrible silly routine thank god it was cut short. Just terrible.
The end was expected some would say well deserved.
Just Dreadful Sound, piloting and performance.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:08 PM
donkey doctor

Hello; The most distinctive sound on a 91 I remember is on my GB ultimate with a Saito 91 and a Graupner 12 x 7 three bladed prop. When the rest of the world is going quiet, what you want is a"distinctive sound" not a loud prop. I want all my planes to be quiet enough that I'm not angering anyone, and not endangering my own hearing, but a "distinctive sound" is acceptable.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's is noisy as in loud and there's noisy as in great meaty sound.
If it's the later you're after then in must be Master Airscrew... but not just any MS, you must have the Classic line!!!
A good meaty sound is due to prop noise. You want as much inefficient prop beating the air, (as opposed to cutting through it) as much as possible.
The MS Classic series gives you this. As far a prop tech' is concerned they are, basically, not mincing words, totally crap.
The blades are just flaping about, tring to move the airplane forward... and thats what you want.
Get the biggest diameter amd the lowest pitch you can live with and connect it to a decent 4 stroke (sorry it just don't work on a 2.stroke) and marvell!
I had a 1.20 Surpass and a MS classic 16x6. what a wonderful sound.
It's noisy in a good way. People liked it.
My former club had a 98 dB limit and it was always a money maker to sell spare APC props at gouger rates to the guys who had to dismount their MAs at the insistance of the range officer. That's how I knew the answer. Tee hee.

Aileron flutter gives a good meaty sound, too. From watching the video it may have been Mark's secret.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

If you want a loud .90 just take the muffler off. Go buy some props and experiment. sheesh. I can't believe I even responded to this lame post...
Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Mr.Extra 260

Well you guys are on your own because all of your talk has gone in on ear and out the other. Not one thing I hace heard so far has anything to do with the first post except a couple. Bla Bla I cant beleive you would say mark deserved that crash and then to say it he was a poor pilot. I dont know what rc world you live in but it isnt this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.