Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Trailer stolen in Greenboro, NC

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Trailer stolen in Greenboro, NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trailer stolen in Greenboro, NC

Hey guys, could you help me out by keeping an eye out for a 5x10 white cargo trailer. The license # is BP92227, and it is a Cargo Mate brand, with a side door on the right. Inside is a 40% Carden Extra (yellow and red with a blue stripe) and a 3DFoamy.com Giles. It was stolen between 10:30pm last night and 9:20am this morning. Thanks for your help.

Ryan Winslow
(253) 318-4449
Old 11-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Deadeye

Default RE: Trailer stolen in Greenboro, NC

If there is one thing I hate in this world, it is people who take things that don't belong to them. Although I doubt it will turn up in Montana, I can still wish a life of pain and misery to whomever stole your trailer. I'm a firm believer in 'what comes around, goes around', so even if they don't get caught, life will somehow pay them back for their crime. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Boogey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan, call the XM trucker radio station and have them announce it on the air, post a reward and have the truckers look for it.

Good luck
Old 11-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Posted to AMA District V e-mail list 226 subscribers
ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Hey guys, could you help me out by keeping an eye out for a 5x10 white cargo trailer. The license # is BP92227, and it is a Cargo Mate brand, with a side door on the right. Inside is a 40% Carden Extra (yellow and red with a blue stripe) and a 3DFoamy.com Giles. It was stolen between 10:30pm last night and 9:20am this morning. Thanks for your help.

Ryan Winslow
(253) 318-4449
Old 11-04-2006, 04:05 PM
coolbean

The killer part of this is that they were probably only after the trailer and have absolutly no clue as to the value of the planes. I would suggest trying to contact local hobby shops to see if these guys might try to sell the planes. And keep your eyes open on E-Bay.

Do you have any pictures of the planes?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Flyfalcons

Thanks for the support, guys. I'll try the XM radio station idea, and I have already contacted the hobby shops and pawn shops in the area (there aren't too many of them). Here are some pics of the plane and trailer:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48..._1/key_/tm.htm

My insurance agent is going to contact me on Monday, so tomorrow besides driving around the neighborhood some more I'll be totalling what it would cost to get a replacement Carden and foamy. Plus my fold up chair, man that was a nice chair.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
weathervane

Sorry about the bad luck. I will keep an eye out here in Baltimore.
That sucks.

Andrew
Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Sorry to hear about that Ryan, my trailer was stolen and I recovered it 3months later minus the contents and tags.....seems the Sheriffs Dept recovered it the next day and took it to the impound. They didnt bother to look inside or they would have found the paperwork in my name, to make matters worse they wanted to charge storage!!!

Good luck
Andy ECRC Goldsboro NC
Old 11-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Flyfalcons

Andy, did the thieves of your trailer scratch out the VIN tag? I think that's going to be they only way to identify mine because I'm sure they took the license plate off. Other than that, I'm sure lots of trailers have checkerboard floors and some eye bolts sticking out of the floor and walls. I'm going to be taking some pictures of the trailer and plane to the police station today; hopefully it will help. I was at the field yesterday and some of the guys told me there had been an unmarked police car there, so maybe they are actively searching for the plane as well.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

They did the one on the tongue but there is another underneath usually on the axle.
DMV was so accomodating(not) I mentioned that I was the victim and not the thief!
Hope it shows up. I know how it feels especially all the little stuff you suddenly cant find.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:10 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Ryan Winslow
(253) 318-4449
That really sucks!

When the insurance check comes, come on over and get this big white elephant of a trailer out of my front yard. You could fit 3 or 4 40% planes in there.

FYI your AMA covers theft...
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Flyfalcons

I'd take you up on that, but my little Subaru is only good for 2000 pounds, so I think a 6x10 would be the biggest trailer I could go with.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryan, There is a swap meet Saturday in Winston-Salem. I'm helping run it and have pulled a couple of your pictures from that other thread. I'm going to print them out and show them around to the guys.

What engine was in the airplane? And anything else you might be able to tell that'd help identify the airplane or stuff? Anything on the trailer?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Flyfalcons

The airplane had a DA-150 with stock mufflers and a three blade Mejzlik prop. The engine is serial #164 and has been reported to DA and the police as stolen. The plane has two JR 8411 servos on each elevator and each aileron, and two Futaba 5301 jumbo servos for the rudder. It has two 4.8V Nicad 3600 packs for the two receivers (a Futaba 149DP and 138DP, on channel 37). The ignition has a five cell Nimh pack. The plane has a canopy helmet and wingbags by caroline (red). One thing that is unique about this Carden is some foam repair work to the belly pan, after I spilled some fuel on the foam.

The foamy is a 3DFoamy.com Pro Giles with a 40" span. It is painted yellow on top and blue on the bottom. It has a Hacker A20-26M motor and Hacker X-12 speed controller, a GWS 6-channel receiver, and S-75 servos.

There is also a Jersey Modeler 2.5 gallon fuel jug with a hand-crank pump.

The trailer has a black and white vinyl checkboard floor and white walls on the inside. The trailer is white, 5 x 10, with a side door. It has a DA logo decal on the inside of the rear door. There is a paper towel holder mounted inside, next to the side door.

I'm also missing a set of Wing Tote tail bags that were custom cut to fit my Composite-ARF Extra 2.6M. The bags are black and red. Hope this information helps.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Flyfalcons

On Tuesday evening, I received a call from an Ahmed, giving a credible-sounding story about him coming in posession of my airplane. This conversation lasted twenty minutes, in which he explained to me that he was expecting a payment in exchange for information on where the airplane was being kept. After getting some information from him, I hung up and got in contact with the police station that is currently handling my case. Shortly after that, Ahmed left another message on my phone saying if I didn't pay the money that the airplane would be parted out. Over the next couple of days, the police have been using their resources to learn more about Ahmed, or "Silent" on RCGroups.com. On Wednesday evening, I received another call from Ahmed, specifically stating that he had my airplane and demanding $7,500 for it. This conversation was recorded on my voice recorder, and I will be posting it on this board when I return from my trip. After this conversation, I sent a PM to Silent (Ahmed), asking for proof that he had my plane. This is his response:

Re: airplane

After this response, I sent another PM to him explaining my position of needing proof before sending him the money he wanted, and that it was not a negotiable item. His response:

I sent a final email to him, explaining to either come forward about not having the plane, or provide proof he had it. His response:

I'm afraid you are the one, "not getting it". You are the one with the deadline, meanwhile I do loops in the sky. Your threat is of no concern; show all of this to the members here. I have your plane and I would be delighted to keep it. If I crash it, no loss for me.

Silent.

It was at this point that I decided that Ahmed would not be doing the honorable thing and admitting what he has done has been a hoax. He was in full understanding that I would be posting this information for all to see that he is not a person of honor, and for other modelers to be wary of anything he says. Additionally, he has been given the chance to stop his hoax before I take matters up with the police, and decided not to. Because of his uncooperative nature, my case at the police department will be sent to the fraud department, as they take extortion very seriously. Having recently lost many thousands of dollars worth of equipment, I take it seriously as well. Sorry Ahmed, you had a chance to quit while you were ahead.

It should be noted that there is a member "Silent" on RCU, who has no posts here and is not the same person as Ahmed.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Deadeye

What a creep. Why not paste a thread from RCGroups so everybody can see his IP? Better yet, just paste his IP in this thread. If he has a static IP from his internet provider, his physical location will not be hard to find. Of course, if he is doing this from an internet cafe or the like, it will be more difficult to find him.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Flyfalcons

I was unable to find an IP address for him from his posts. I contacted the owner of the site, but he would not give me that information without the police contacting him. I have an address for him from a sale made on that site, and the police have that information.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

"Ahmed?" Thats really rich! Can you claim all this on your insurance? if so just tell "Ahmed" to keep the damn thing. I can also bet this clown is monitoring this site also.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Wild Foamy

GRRR!!

i hate these theiving little gits!... my dad got his Van stolen a few weeks ago with about £5000 of stuff in the back and we found it all just led in a field down the road.

shoot them at birth i say. i will keep an eye out in the UK, im not sure there are many Cargo Mate trailers here so it shouldnt be too hard. i hope you find your stuff mate, thats one dam nice plane and this may seem like a childish idea but what about putting up posters in the local area? just a pic and a description and a reward perhaps... or try the radio stations, newspapers e.t.c

Hope it all works out

- Foamy
Old 12-03-2006, 10:55 PM
ghofferbert

Sorry for your loss. I just saw this post so I may be way behind but out of curiousity I looked at Silents profile and the idiot posted lat/long coordinates as his location. They may be fake, but then again they just may be his house....might be a good thing for the cops to have! Good luck!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
ghofferbert

Forget the IP Address man, do a quick and free google earth search on the coordinates that he list as his location:
40.8 N 73.9667 W
The cross streets are W105th St and Amsterdam Ave. in NY. He must be the second house on the right (161 ft from intersection) if you are coming from Amsterdam Ave.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

It sounds like a scam. There is actually a special on Atlanta talk radio right now about all the different scams that are going on. This sounds just like some of them. Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Flyfalcons

I believe the coordinates posted on RCGroups are generated when you enter your home town. I do have an address for him or one of his relatives from a guy that sold him something. He did admit to me that he does not have the airplane, and I gave him a chance for his parents to call me so we can settle this issue privately. However, despite promises from him, his parents have not called so I forwarded my case (which was being looked into by the police) to the fraud department. With an address and a voice recording of one of our phone conversations, it shouldn't be too long for the fraud department to find him and figure out what to do with him.

As for the trailer and planes, no news yet. I imagine the planes are either in some secure long-term storage, or hacked up in a dumpster somewhere. Fortunately the insurance company has been very good about this and I should have everything settled soon. I've even been looking into what plane to get to replace the Extra, so I'll have something to fly for IMAC season next year.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Flyfalcons

Hey guys I thought I would bump this thread due to getting some information last night that this airplane could very well be for sale in the Greensboro area right now. If you could just have another look at the pictures and keep an eye out for it at the local fields and hobby shops I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot!