Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Anyone here know about cameras?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anyone here know about cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 05:08 PM
hardlanding7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone here know about cameras?

I didn't know of any camera forums, so I'm hoping someone here knows.

Ok, this camera is Yashica TL-Electro, and on the right side of the camera it has a "dial in a dial." the bigger dial on top has a window in it, and if you lift it up and turn, the one underneath changes. the dial underneath says ASA which i don't know what is. Does anyone know what ASA is? And also, the one on top doesn't say what it is. it has numbers like B, 1, 2, 4, 8,15, 30, 60-X, 125, 250, 500 and 1000. What are these for? Also is there anyway to tell whether it's over or under exposed?
Old 01-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Tom Jones
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hardlanding7... ASA is the film speed such as 100, 125 ...400 etc. The other numbers are shutter speeds. The 60-X is the flash sync speed. Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:15 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Anyone here know about cameras?

Originally posted by hardlanding7
I didn't know of any camera forums, so I'm hoping someone here knows.

Ok, this camera is Yashica TL-Electro, and on the right side of the camera it has a "dial in a dial." the bigger dial on top has a window in it, and if you lift it up and turn, the one underneath changes. the dial underneath says ASA which i don't know what is. Does anyone know what ASA is? And also, the one on top doesn't say what it is. it has numbers like B, 1, 2, 4, 8,15, 30, 60-X, 125, 250, 500 and 1000. What are these for? Also is there anyway to tell whether it's over or under exposed?
The one dial for ASA is the one you set for the speed of your film. When you buy film it will have the ASA number listed on the box, also goes by DIN. The other one is your shutter speed.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:07 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

To determine the exposure, first set the ASA, then set the shutter speed. On the lens there should be a set of numbers (not the focus, but closer to the camera body) like: 5.6 8 11 16

Either set the shutter speed and somewhere in the viewfinder it should tell you the aperture setting, or set the aperture and the camera should tell you the shutter speed to use.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Unstable

try this link

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica..._electro-x.htm
Old 01-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i assume your asking this so you can snap that fast plane on a high setting and make it sharp. Making the camera for RC purposes, cough cough
Old 01-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Unstable

on a bright sunny day you would use 800 speed film and 1/1000th shutter speed maybe 1/500th so you can set the apurture tighter to increase the focal length.

also when "following" a plane and snaping a shot off you want to continue following the plane through the pic. If the plane is still in the view finder after the shot has been taken, it should be a nice clear shot.

now if you want to get artsy you can use a slower film and decrease the shutter speed so that the background and prop will blur, but this takes alot of practice following the plane through the whole shot.

now I COULD get into filters, lighting effects, etc etc but its been so long since i really was into photography that I have forgotten most of the terminology. I should dig out my old pics of airshows ans scan/post some some of them came out real good. (others..... well...)

(on topic enough? )

to keep it on topic how about some tips from others on photographing models, static and in the air?
Old 01-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Tom Jones

unstable...not to argue but a smaller, "tighter" aperture increases the depth of field, not focal length.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Unstable

Originally posted by Tom Jones
unstable...not to argue but a smaller, "tighter" aperture increases the depth of field, not focal length.
again I have forgotten most of the terminalogy.

I should dig out my canons and start playing around again.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Tom Jones

Unstable... photography has been my profession for 27 years. BTW, Canons make some really nice cameras.