Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Frequency Board

Old 01-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Fokker100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency Board

I'm looking for some help. We are a new club and we need a frequency board.
I've seen a varity of different types of boards, and any of them would be great (we are NOT too picky), but I have not seen anything offered for sale, and without a set of plans, we are not sure where to start on building one.
I know I know,, why don't we go take pictures or sketches of one we like, and build from there? Well,, thats where we are at this point. I was just hoping to take the lazy way out, and get some hints here. So,,, does anyone know of a place to purchase a board, or, does anyone know of a set of plans out there anywhere??

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-25-2003, 03:36 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frequency Board

Heres ours. I designed it, Got it approved by the city and had it made up at Fast Signs. They mounted it on a flimsy piece of aluminum and we mounted it onto a piece of 1/4 steel plate.
Simple clothes pin method. Freqs go in order fromone side to the other.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	50049_8393.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	30722  
Old 01-25-2003, 06:23 AM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Default Frequency Board

I am surprised the AMA does not have info on these, I searched and found a site on the web that makes this one.

http://www.hosenose.com/rc/

Happy Flyin
Dan Z
Old 01-26-2003, 02:28 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default Frequency Board

Cool Pins
625 Fairview Drive #109
Carson City, NV 89701
1-877-684-2665
Old 01-26-2003, 04:22 AM
LoboFlyer

Default Frequency Board

Originally posted by Cyclic Hardover
Heres ours. I designed it, Got it approved by the city and had it made up at Fast Signs. They mounted it on a flimsy piece of aluminum and we mounted it onto a piece of 1/4 steel plate.
Simple clothes pin method. Freqs go in order fromone side to the other.
Oh so YOU'RE the one! j/k

Looks like my freq is clear...time to go fly :-)
Old 02-13-2003, 07:51 AM
Grampaw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frequency Pin Stand

. We made ours out of steel reebar rod. A piece was cut about 7 feet long. Another piece was bent into a square frame shape with each side about 24 inches long. This square was welded onto the straight rod at one end (or top if you will). This gives three vertical rods 24 inches high to clip the pins onto. On flight day, we just stick the pole into the ground in the pit area near the Tx. Impound area. It can be left outside where it stands, but be sure to paint it. If there's a welder in the club it shouldn't be too expensive to make. Or check with a welding shop. I would show a photo, but it is too early to go out there right now...1:15 A.M. so here's a sketch instead. If still too small after clicking on it, click on magnifying glass on TOOL BAR and bring it up a couple of times. Lines will be crooked, but you will get the idea of the layout of the bars.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
54960_17853.bmp (39.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-13-2003, 02:42 PM
edmcman

Default Frequency Board

At the field where I fly, there is a large board with a clear slot type holder for each frequency and you just put your AMA card in the slot that goes with your frequency. Beside the board is another small holder and whoever is the last person at the field puts all the forgotten AMA cards in the holder so those who forgot there cards know where to find them. Seems to work pretty well.