Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Pilot figures and superstitions

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Pilot figures and superstitions

Old 05-19-2002, 01:36 PM
springcreek
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot figures and superstitions

I fired my pilot fugure, a KC Cheifs Troll (Kewpie Doll) after he burned my H9 Edge 540 in a few months ago. I have since heard that while Kewpies look awesome on low passes with their brilliant neon hair waving in the prop wash, they have an uncanny ability to land aircraft at approach angles and speeds well above design limitations leading to catastrophic structural failure on impact. My troll now sits on the window ledge above my building table and for punishment is forced to watch the construction of the current project, all the while knowing that he will never touch the plane, much less climb aboard. Snoopy has become the full time pilot of all my aircraft, and on the two seaters, he brings along his sidekick Woodstock. I know it isn't very scale, but I love the kids' reactions at the flying field. They may not recognize a Giles G-202, but there is no doubt that Snoopy is at the controls! When they are walking down the flightline with their parents in tow, I have often heard, "Look Daddy, it's Snoopy!"
So I pose this question to everyone. Who or what do you use as a pilot figure and why? Do you have any superstitions or do you feel, as I do, that being superstitious brings bad luck?
Old 05-19-2002, 01:50 PM
tbzep

Tigger flys my SE because he was handy and easy to mount. He was the top of my little girl's shampoo bottle.

http://personal.mem.bellsouth.net/me.../RC/index.html

My other planes are profiles so I don't have pilots in them. I guess I could use the computer to print a profile pilot and glue him to the fuse on each side. I may do that one night when no baseball game is on TV and I don't feel like building.

Tim
Old 05-19-2002, 01:56 PM
hawkpilot
My Feedback: (7)

Minnie Mouse is the pilot of my TF P-51, she fits and has a little 2 way radio in her hand. Is your snoopy the one where he is dressed as a pilot? It would be neat to find him and Woodstock dressed in that manner, like when they were flying the doghouse.
Old 05-19-2002, 02:01 PM
TurboOtter
My Feedback: (1)

I have a large Yoda in my SE ( I need all the help I can get ) In my 4*60 I have a monkey. This confirms what our chief engineer tells us when we break one of his airplanes.... all pilots are clowns and monkeys:-) I am on the search for a Bozo figure for my next plane
Old 05-19-2002, 02:51 PM
robert

SpringCreek,
For punishment, you should set him up on a wall, give him a blindfold and a cigarette, and well, you know.
Old 05-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I got jack in the box holiday ball in my Sig SE! Hehe he has no arm, and I mean no arm, no legs and yet he can still fly!
Old 05-20-2002, 02:41 AM
Sawyer692-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

I pulled him out of an old Mystery Machine toy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11659_4404.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	7786  
Old 05-20-2002, 02:43 AM
Jazzy

I had a fake cardinal from a craft store in my Easysport 40. I figured if anyone knows how to fly it's a bird! Well, I guess his reflexes weren't fast enough on a high speed, low, flyby. He's still in there after four years. The canopy and top center wing box survived intact.

Springcreek, I agree with Robert. Except I'd jam an explosive up his u-no-what and video tape it as an incentive to your other pilots.

Sawyer692, great Scooby! Ever wonder why Shaggy and Scooby were a little... out there? Scooby snacks! Hash Brownies!
I have Scooby in my .30 Ultimate that I stole out of the wifes car! He seems to be doin' just fine.
Old 05-20-2002, 05:55 AM
Plane loco

I grounded a Goofy a few years back after being involved in the destruction of not one, but two different airplanes. I should have known better!! Besides have you ever noticed how almost all of these cartoon guys only have three fingers and a thumb on each hand...I dont think they can get a good grip on the stick with that sort of handicap..

I do have Buzz Lightyear jumping from my Aerostar 40 on a regular basis...no harm there, If on those rare occasions when he forgets to open the shute he only hurts himself
Old 05-20-2002, 12:26 PM
CaptKAOS
My Feedback: (7)

I too look for the unusual pilots......the more unusual the better....

Surprisingly......I DON'T have one of.....THEM...as a pilot of my planes......THEY......have already proven that THEY can't fly worth beans...... A few years ago somebody came out with a bald headed guy that was screaming his head off.....has his eyes bugged out....and his toungue hanging out.....like he's screaming for mercy.....works great for the way I fly......LOL

Now my Jensen Ugly Stik.....I had to find an UGLY pilot.....found one in a toy store....It's a football player with a bird splat in one eye..missing teeth..holes in his helmet.....and part of his pea brain hanging out.... DEFINITELY UGLY....

I fired Mickey Mouse back when I was in THEMville.....THEY took over his mind.....crashed a couple of my planes...... Gotta have FUN.......shucks....if it ain't FUN........it ain't worth doin'.....
Old 05-20-2002, 01:14 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I'm thinking about cutting the head off of one of my 3 1/2 yr old son's T-Rex dinosuars to pilot one of my planes.....I told him about the idea and he got a big kick out of it.......but if it crashes he'll probably be upset! "Daddy, you killed my T-Rex!!"

Mike
Old 05-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Jazzy

Ssshhh! CaptKAOS, ssshhh!

THEY might hear you and shoot down your plane out of spite!

THEY are EVERYWHERE!
Old 05-20-2002, 01:53 PM
RCJones

BUZZ LIGHTYEAR flies my Goldberg Ultimate
Old 05-21-2002, 08:57 AM
springcreek

Default Pilot figures

Here is a pic of my troll with enough evidence to fire his little butt!

Name:	11805_1622.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	7787  
Old 05-21-2002, 01:01 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Default Pilots

I've got Tigger with a scarf and sunglasses flying my DP Ultimate.

Homer Simpson with a duff beer in one hand and a donut in the other flying my Cherokee.

G.I. joe figures in my ME109 and P51.

Smurf crashed my H9 cap. Left his head on a post at the field. Someone took him or an animal ate him. Hopefully the latter.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:24 PM
jpeters

i have a mickey mouse in my citabria, I am looking for a chipmunk (Alvin, Simon or Theodore) or (Chip and Dale) for my super chipmunk. I need help on what to put in my Goldberg ultimate any ideas?
Old 05-21-2002, 07:11 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In my 40 and 60 size planes, I usually go with a Barbie doll
Old 05-21-2002, 07:22 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

lol MinnFlyer, so youre admitting to playing with dolls? LOLOL JK, couldnt resist that one.

Steve
Old 05-21-2002, 07:30 PM
robert

I have mysterious, invisible pilots in mine. I don't know how they got there, or what they want, but they are some mean dudes! I have to admitt though, even if they want to reak havok among civilisation, they are doing a good job piloting my planes. Not one serious crash EVER. Just beware!:devious:
Robert.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:56 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

I had a head I got from my neighbors flight box. It was from a Star Trek action figure, Dr Bones I believe. It was in my lil 25 sized extra, and he fit perfectly above the plastic body they molded in the cockpit. Every time the extra went in with some damage, the inevitable "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker" comment came out.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:17 PM
Sawyer692-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

I'm gonna put a Han Solo in my next plane so if someone says my plane is too slow, I can respond with "She made the Kessel run in under 12 parsites". They won't know what the hell I'm talking about but I'll be laughing inside. hehehe
Old 05-21-2002, 10:25 PM
heavy date-RCU

Default Screw you hippe!

I had an Eric Cartman in my South Park Air Force Base, Colorado Air National Guard F-15.
Also had nose art of cartman farting fire with the slogan Afterburner He**, my A** is on fire!!
Funny thing was I had to add tail weight with old fata** Cartman in the cockpit! I'm not fat I'm big boned!!
Hans
Old 05-22-2002, 01:31 AM
springcreek

Default Pilots

Here is a pic of my pilot, Snoopy, atop his 4*60.

Name:	11881_1622.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	7788  
Old 05-22-2002, 01:41 AM
springcreek

Default Snoopy saves himself, loses airplane

Snoopy was barely able to survive the horrendous crash he suffered after losing all electrical power to the receiver immediately after takeoff. Post crash investigation surmises that some ham-fisted mechanic, who shall remain nameless, inadvertantly loosened the connector between the battery and the switch while perfoming other routine maintenance. The mechanic has apologized profusely to Snoopy and promised that he will check all of Snoopy's other aircraft for similar failure points and be certain to properly secure all electrical connectors in the future. Snoopy, being the benevolent canine that he is, accepted the apology and will continue to fly with his buddy Woodstock in the Giles G-202, seen in the next post, until his new 1/3 scale Laser 200 is complete.

Name:	11882_1622.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	7789  
Old 05-22-2002, 01:44 AM
springcreek

Default Snoopy, Woodstock in Giles G-202

Here is a pic of Snoopy, Woodstock, and the ham-fisted mechanic mentioned above with Snoopy's 1/4 scale Giles G-202.

Name:	11885_1622.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	7790  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.