Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Re: Endless pit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Bill L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Money!!!

kerklein, Speaking of the CG Falcon III, I won it! No that's not a mis-spelling, see my name on the
GREAT AIRCRAFT GIVEAWAY list. I'd like to build it light, and electrify it. I'll be ready to spend about $100 just on a motor. I hope I can get by that low. How much does your completed Falcon III weigh? Where do you fly it?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 05:42 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Money!!!

I started in rubber power in 1934 - first engine in 1936. I won't even try to imagine the total cost except to say it was whatever the income from selling papers and mowing lawns brought in. When I returned from WWII it was the same story - whatever the income would allow with a new wife and child. I've tried everything from free-flight to U-control to RC. I still have glow and electric airplanes and RC sailboats for when it's too windy to fly. I'll be 79 in June and have no intention fo quitting RC. My wife has been most understanding. I'm luckier than most. I have a substantial retirement income but I don't waste it either. The suggestion to buy a good computer radio is one of the best money saving ideas yet. I bought a Futaba T6XA which is good for 6 airplanes with individual flight paks. I still have several radios even a few AM's. The T6XA is the best and not too costly.
Don't let a couple of bucks stand in your way. This is too much fun to give up.