Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Servo savers

Old 08-03-2002, 05:50 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo savers

I am planning to install two servo savers in my Avistar, one for throttle and the other for the nose wheel. I figure that using the servo saver for throttle will help me eliminate some binding at the servo travel limits, while the saver for the nose wheel is to absorb wheel shocks. Before I do this, I just wanted to get some opinions from you good folks whether I am doing the right thing. Thanks in advance...........
Old 08-03-2002, 09:57 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo savers

It won't hurt and its certainly better than having binding loading the throttle servo, which would drain the batteries in flight.

Better on the throttle if you can elminate the binding by adjusting or re-routng the linkage... Or if your radio has an adjustable travel volume (ATV) dial it to where it doesn't exceed the carb movement range.

I like putting some sort of flex in the nosewheel linkage to help prevent it stripping the servo gear on a rough landing... I rarely use a "servo saver" though...
I usually use a nyrod with purposefully marginal support, allowing the nosewheel to flex the nylon pushrod.
You can also make a servo saver from 2 pen springs, an EZ connector and 2 wheel collars. On the push-rod: wheel collar, spring, EZ connector with set screw deleted, spring, wheel collar. Adjust to have the springs compressed about 40% to 50% (cheaper than buying servo saver kits in the long run)
Old 08-03-2002, 10:09 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default Servo savers

where can you buy servo savers?
Old 08-03-2002, 10:13 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo savers

Hi Shortman, Dubro and GP offers them. See them at tower. Cheers..........
Old 08-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default Servo savers

thanks rajul