Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Does your wife/girlfriend really hate your hobby?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 05:51 AM
nick.wright
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does your wife/girlfriend really hate your hobby?

Does your wife/girlfriend really hate your hobby? Or does she hate you for spending more time with the hooby and not her? Does she get mad because you use the good pot holder to set your iron on when your covering? Or what about when you use the dishes (big pots and pans) to support your plane while you work on it on the kitchen table? Do you constantly here her saying how much she really hates those "little devils"? What do they (women) say to you??
Old 08-27-2002, 10:05 AM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default .

hi ya nick, potholder eh? hmmm good idea. my wife is ok with it unless she sees the bowls i mix epoxy in and the steak knives i sometimes saw with . we need a saw like a electric knife...i just had that vision whilst thinkin bout kitchen utensils wonder what time the patent office opens??? -Tinman-
Old 08-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: .

Originally posted by tinman
hi ya nick, potholder eh? hmmm good idea. my wife is ok with it unless she sees the bowls i mix epoxy in and the steak knives i sometimes saw with . we need a saw like a electric knife...i just had that vision whilst thinkin bout kitchen utensils wonder what time the patent office opens??? -Tinman-
Hey tinman, they make one of those, its called the slot machine

My wife really does support me in every aspect of this hobby.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	23230_1475.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	14475  
Old 08-27-2002, 03:37 PM
gpmikemorse-RCU

Default Re: Does your wife/girlfriend really hate your hobby?

My wife is very supportive, but I know plenty that aren't. You know what really steams me is that I know of no husbands that object to their wive's hobbies. If she wants to buy all the plants she wants from Home Depot, or sew, or read, or paint, or whatever turns her on, I never hear husbands complaining about either the time or the money she spends!
Old 08-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Tattoo

We have 19 flyable airplanes, 8 of them are hers and she has beat me in 2 out of the last 3 combat meets ...she has also built more airplanes this year than have. I'd say She is supportive

Picture here http://www.georgiacombat.com/NSassyTattoo.jpg
Old 08-27-2002, 03:54 PM
japan3d

I must have an outstanding R/C wife, she not only does my monokote jobs but also flys her own 2 J-3 Cubs, one from Great planes and her latest his the H9 J-3 with 100" wingspan. she also is willing to plop down the money for my new airplanes. Hell its cheaper than chasing the women in this country (Japan). Now if I can just get her to start building..................
Old 08-27-2002, 06:06 PM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My girl loves it.

Everytime we go flying my girl loves to go with and chase rabbits. Her name is Julie. Oh, she can't really Monokote, however.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	23253_3789.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	14476  
Old 08-27-2002, 10:58 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

I have a wonderful wife she knows I have a lot of planes but she never has counted them 11 and more on the way. I have two sons my oldest 14 loves to fly with me my youngest 11 loves to build with me. I told my wife that our building and flying time is male bonding time. They will not be at home forever so we build and fly. So she let us spend money and time. I think she enjoys it when we go to indoor flying meets.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:08 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife is very supportive also...and the three things she loves about my hobby is that I'm either 1) in the workroom; 2) at the flying field; or 3) at the hobby shop.!!!

The three things she HATES about the hobby is that I'm: 1) in the workroom; 2) at the flying field; or 2) at the hobby shop!!!

Jerry
Old 08-28-2002, 02:12 AM
upnflyin

My wife got me started in this by getting me my first trainer for a birthday present. Always supportive when things sometimes go bad like yesterday when I lost one in the deep woods. Today she went along and fought her way thru the brush in an attempt to find what was left. That one went to RC heaven somewhere. Anyway now I have a reason to get back to building board.
Al
Old 08-28-2002, 02:35 AM
Balsageek

Default I snagged a good one!

My girlfriend (RC_chick on RCU) has been flying with me all season and really seems to enjoy it. She supports my hobby by helping me in the shop after a crash, or if we're in a crunch to get things done. She did most of the work on her own Lt-40 and she's getting ready to start work on her GP Extra 300S. It's great having a girlfriend who spends as much at "The Shop" as you do. Then you know you don't have to worry about a thing!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:41 PM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

I just started seeing someone, and I almost fell over when I was saying something about building my next plane, and she said: "I've always wanted to try to fly one of those" That's a first in my book.