Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Wholesale RC gear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
gumby0000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wholesale RC gear?

Hey guys, im looking at opening a hobby shop in my local area as we dont currently have one here, does anyone know of where i can get wholesale or cost RC gear(cars, planes, helis, equipment)

Just doin my bit for the locals lol

thanks
Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Wholesale RC gear?

http://www.gpmd.com/howto.html

This is for Usa, and may be similar for your country.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also Horizon does dealerships, and I used to use Global Hobby, don't know if they are still around. I used Sig as well. Takes a lot to get one, but once you get it set up, it is good. They require a store front. They won't let you run it out of a basement.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:58 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Plan on $50,000 start up. That includes rent, paint, shelves, and all the stuff that it takes to start up a business. Then call the companies that you want to do business with and have a letter of credit from the bank or plan on paying cash for your first order from the suppliers. Then be ready to deal with your customers and remember Tower pricing. I did it and I am still here after 10 years. Also you can't sell everything to everybody and must have a thick skin at the field will you see a new plane and you did'nt sell it. You will never do it right and some will tell you that all the time.
Hang in there and in 5 years you'll see day light. If it stops being fun sell out and just fly. Dennis