Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Page transitions

Old 03-02-2002, 06:23 PM
gpmikemorse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Page transitions

Anyone know how to turn off what appears to be a new "feature" of RCUniverse, where the pages sort of blur into the next? If this continues, I'm out of here!
Old 03-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Page transitions

See the following thread...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...7003#post53053]
Old 03-02-2002, 06:46 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Page transitions

just playing a bit...sorry...was just a bit bored maybe...thanks for the feedback...trial by fire...it's off.
Old 03-02-2002, 07:58 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Default Thanks

I work with computers at my real job too and know exactly what you mean. I always like to tinker too. No harm done and thank you for the quick response.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:56 AM
mefly2
My Feedback: (6)

Default Page transitions

Geez, I think you guys are giving Marc a little too much crap for this. Two threads complaining about it. Just be glad this forum has an Administrator that keeps things going good enough to have room to play a bit. We COULD be sitting here waiting for 5 mins. like some 'other' site(s)!

I agree that the page loading isn't the best thing. I woke up this morning and thought my comp. was toast!!
Old 03-03-2002, 05:12 AM
RcNorth

Default Page transitions

gpmikemorse

If your going to get that upset about someone experimenting with new things, then you should probably go to the "other" forum.

Isn't rcuniverse all about people trying new things and asking others opinions of the results. If there wasn't any experimenting we wouldn't have most of the features on this site. Or possibly we wouldn't have the site at all.

Several people have mentioned that they don't like it, including yourself twice now. because of these comments, the transition has been removed.
Old 03-04-2002, 05:58 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Page transitions

Old 03-04-2002, 08:53 PM
mvigod
Banned

Default Page transitions

Also removed it from the control panel which was the last place I had it on for a day or so.

Maybe someday when I get some time I'll make it a user option...gpmike and I spoke and he's cool about it...didn't realize how much he was using the user cp. gpmike...try to re-bookmark RCU now and bring the link into the links bar to see the shortcut icon like you asked about.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:43 PM
gpmikemorse-RCU

Default Page transitions

gpmike...try to re-bookmark RCU now and bring the link into the links bar to see the shortcut icon like you asked about.
It works! That is so cool! Are you willing to share how you do it?
Old 03-05-2002, 05:57 PM
gpmikemorse-RCU

Default Page transitions

This is strange! My XP machine shows a little Saturn logo, whereas my Win98 machine shows a check mark logo! Same version of IE (6.something)!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:32 PM
mvigod
Banned

Default Page transitions

Yes I will share of course...even though you blasted me for those insane transitions I was playing with

It's called a "favicon". You must place a file of type "icon" which is a layered bmp file into your web root directory folder and if anyone bookmarks your page you will get that little shortcut icon in place of the standard bookmark. It must be called favicon.ico

You can download an icon editor to make yours called microangelo (do a google search for it.).

You can also make an explicit call to the path of the file if it has a different name or location than "favicon.ico" in the root directory.

Enjoy!