Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Multiple Bidding on Engines for Sale

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Multiple Bidding on Engines for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:45 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Multiple Bidding on Engines for Sale

Help me out here. If I were looking for and engine and found a couple of them. Is it right for me to place offers on them both just to lock them up? This does a buyer or seller no good at all. I went looking for a Saito 180 and this guy was the first response to them both. Thus leaving me not knowing what to do, so I blow it off and one of those sellers loses a sale.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:56 AM
mulligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are the winning bidder, you should honor that bid, and buy the product. Bidding on more than one item means that you could potentially "win" both items. If someone doesn't honor their bids, it is poor etiquette, and people will justifiably publicize it; then people will shy away from doing business with that person.

- George
Old 02-09-2003, 02:22 AM
teesquare
My Feedback: (17)

Default What Tha.....

What IF the guy actually has more than one plane, and NEEDS BOTH of them??
Are YOU going to ration them ?
Since retirement, have you heard this thing called, "freedom", or "democracy"?
You may see my name as a posting, wanting to buy ALL the engines I can of a given type. SO?.... It is called "free market economics - not the PX.

T

Retired GS-11.
(That USED to entitle me to tell a full bird Colonel to jump... BUT now, it entitles me EQUALITY AS A CITIZEN!)
Old 02-09-2003, 02:26 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW, if someone makes an offer, and someone offers to take it at the asking price before any deals are made with the first person, then the one taking it at the asking price should get priority. IMO
Old 02-09-2003, 02:58 AM
Cyclic Hardover

Yeh I know there are several scenarios but this was obvious. Like you said, Nothing really wrong but certainly not of moral standards. Of course the guy could be screwd also if both owners of the engines agree to sell them to him.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:03 AM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default Just....

Be patient...and place your own offers/commitments...

If you need a 180, one will show up...I see em here all of the time.

At this point, I see nothing wrong with what the other person is doing.

Cheers!
Old 02-09-2003, 04:56 AM
LoboFlyer

I tend to put down low bids on things I am interested in. If I really want it, I will keep bidding, but never would I put a bid that I didn't intend to pay for if I won.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:08 PM
teesquare

Default Hello.. McFLy.. ANYBODY HOME>>>?

Guys, -
I don't think you "get it"....
THIS IS NOT E-BAY!!!

"BID" should be a word which is locked out of your keyboard on this forum. You want a "bid war"? O.K. - Plan on staying up 24 hours a day for the week or so that the E-Jerks "Auction" off their stuff.

Do Not play that game. Find an item you want on RCU? the seller posted his price? BUY IT and SHUT UP!

You want or need more than ONE of them? BUY 2,3 - or how many you need.

WHAT is all the whining about???
T
Old 02-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Yeh, this one is a gray area, I'm am sure the sellers will have no problem unloading them since they were reasonble but could have been quicker, So i bought one elsewhere.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:14 PM
teesquare

Good for you!
Can we close this thread?
Seems PRETTY pointless.
Or- at least PETTY, and Pointless.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:21 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

It's not petty and pointless. I see it as a valid question with a tough answer. I always felt that you should only make an offer that you will go through with, but I would hate to miss out on one item because I made an offer on "X" and while he/she was considering the offer, "Y" got sold to someone else. I would not be comfortable making an offer on both and yet I can see why someone would.
I guess I still believe you only make offers that you will follow through on. Do unto others type of attitude.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:08 PM
teesquare

Default Judging INTENT, NOW HUH?

Funny, this used to be a HOBBY...?
Now it appears that we must labor under the "Moral Terpitude Act of 1908" bestowed upon the public by elected officials during the later Victorian era.....

HELLOOOO....
You people are using "supposition", rather than logic.

You choose to "suppose" that the person trying to purchase more than one item is going to "stiff" someone else???

So it follows that your thought process MUST be: Guilty - before trial!!! Amazing - the same people that will fight, die and kill for "DEFENDING THE CONSTITUTION", REFUSE to allow their conscience to guide them in protecting one of the founding principals GUARNTEED IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS!!

Now - if you think I have just jumped " to the extreme" on this - THINK about it for a minute.
You whiners that don't get what you want, when you want it , for next to nothing - are simply justifying your whining by throwing a slanderous accusation at somone who MIGHT, -READ, NOW - HAVE A TWIN ENGINE PROJECT - (and oh my gosh..) HE HAS NEED OF 2 - not 1, ENGINES!!!!!
BUT- because you did not push the send button fast enough, or someone did not beg you to take his engine at the ridiculous low ball figure you may have pushed at him, YOU ARE OFFENDED?
This has thus far been the greatest web site for the RC hobby, EVER, period.!
What WILL ruin it , for me - and I will bet a lot of others, is turning it into a "police state" of the Internet.
If you think I am wrong about this, then ask yourself this question....
"What ever happened to RC Online...???"
ANYONE who has been in this hobby for more than two years, and on the,net knows EXACTLY what happened to RCO. It became a place devoid of any exercise of even good spirited
humor, or even the intonation of "grumbling" against the Admin. was squashed like an out-spoken journalist in the old U.S.S.R. (Straight to the Gulag, comrade!)

So, How about backing off the poor unfortunate fellow that ACTUALLY WANTED TO BUY 2 Saito 180's ( for heaven's sake - what a glutton...<G>)
And let your conscience help you moderate your "opinion forming" attitude. You MIGHT be wrong about someone and/or their intent to purchase MORE THAN ONE ITEM.

Geeeeeeeezzzzzz!
T
Old 02-10-2003, 06:29 PM
TimR-RCU

Old 02-10-2003, 10:12 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Teesquare- RTFP - Read The .... POST that started this!

Help me out here. If I were looking for and engine and found a couple of them. Is it right for me to place offers on them both just to lock them up? This does a buyer or seller no good at all. I went looking for a Saito 180 and this guy was the first response to them both. Thus leaving me not knowing what to do, so I blow it off and one of those sellers loses a sale.

Have a nice day!
Old 02-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default uhhhhhhhhhh

uhhhh...ummmmm

What is a good 2nd plane and what is the best 46 sized motor?

james
Old 02-10-2003, 11:21 PM
teesquare

Default POOR CHRONOLOGY 4*60

The post you see at the top of this page IS NOT THE FIRST POST!
Actually, the first post by Mr. C Hardover was yesterday in the Glow Engines for sale forum...
The post that you are referring to at the top of this page, has been re-worded, to read "softer", not as "whiny" sounding. (Thanks CH!)
But nicer or not - It still sounds like.."I did not get what I want for Christmas...WAAHHHH!!!"

Now, Lets get to your quandry:
1. TRY TO THINK TWICE AS HARD, LIKE... AS IN 2 ENGINES - NOT ONE.
GET THE PICTURE??? - YES! A TWIN ENGINED AIRPLANE!!!
I believe the fellow needed 2 engines, not just one. And - guess what - HE PROBABLY DID NOT GET BOTH OF THEM!!! - Funny, I haven't seen a post from him whining about it...?
AND- the lower 48 IS STILL A FREE COUNTRY!!!
We can buy more than one of a thing at a time!
( I am just kidding you - I vacation in Canada - I love you folks)
But the point is that sometimes it is my turn to be the first in line, and MOST OF THE TIME - it is not.
ANd if I guy wants more than one anything, and has the money - GOD BLESS HIM!
(On the other hand - maybe if I whine to Que Que, or Chip Hyde, or Frank Knoll, I can get some of that ***free*** stuff as "sponsorship" - to fly my TOY AIRPLANES.
YEP_ I SAID IT... Fellas - THEY ARE TOYS.
God knows, I love 'em, but THIS IS A HOBBY FOR PETE'S SAKE!!
AND- By the way - last I checked, Horizon said buy all you want, they will just import more!<G>
T
Old 02-11-2003, 12:31 AM
den1tjb

All I can say is lighten up teesquare. 1) we are very proud that you can find the caps lock button on the keyboard. 2)
TRY TO THINK TWICE AS HARD, LIKE... AS IN 2 ENGINES - NOT ONE.
GET THE PICTURE??? - YES! A TWIN ENGINED AIRPLANE!!!
Most of us are entitled to our own opinions (I think in the bill of rights which you talk about, we have a first amendment right to say whatever we want whether it be correct or not) so please don't treat us like idiots with a condescending attitude. 3) I have been a part of RC flying for close to 8 years now however I am unfamiliar with RC online. From the sounds of it though, you are practicing against your very own opinion of why it shut down. Don't get pissed off and lash out against anyone who offends you. After all, it is only a simple hobby.
Anyone agree/disagree with me? If there is one thing I can agree with you about teesquare...close this thread. It is no longer rc related. I just had to defend myself and other members who may be offended by the condescending remarks.

Ty
Old 02-11-2003, 01:20 AM
teesquare

Default CHECK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE

Troll, troll, troll your boat...
Look, if yu are that easily offended, is this a hobby for you?
If I were that easily offended, I would have quit flying a long time ago ( You should see me fly/crash/re-build/crash again - repeat as needed)

Funny how you decided to chime in and flame me - but had NO COMMENT on the fact or the merits of the issue.
Now, who was it that took us off heading here...?

AND FRANKLY, I like caps. Wearing one right now<G>

If you find my "biting wit", and manner of trying to direct attention to THE REAL PROBLEM, then maybe you only read enough of my posts, and not enough of the original one to understand.
Got a positive input, or at least one that appears that you try to cope with life in the real world? Great!
But don't waste your future stroke on me, try to UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES.
Caps optional, someone please get him a nitro tablet, quick <G>

Some people cannot understand any humor other than their own... Maybe that is why those same people never tell a good joke, and mumble to themselves a lot?
O.K. - Shake on this ( OH GOD - I offended an epileptic SOMEWHERE!) that we should close this thread. My meds are running low.<G>
T
Old 02-11-2003, 05:59 PM
TimR-RCU

Teesquare, I for one don't see the wit in your ranting.

If you will look outside of your little box, you might notice that multiple offers are often placed on similar engines, and then the purchaser only buys one. Go back and find all the "engine still for sale, deal fell through, buyer bought another engine" posts.

IMO, if you make an offer on one engine or five, and your offer is accepted - you are obligated to purchase the engine.

Now Teesquare, take a deep breath and recognize that this applies to more than just the one situation listed in this thread, okay?

Tim
Old 02-12-2003, 02:11 AM
teesquare

Default As hard as this is to believe...

I agree whole-heartedly with you!
Just as I am sure that you see my point that ( - and forgive me if this sounds like Round 4 or 5-):
It is equally un-fair to "try" (as in "trial") or call judgement on an individual that does attempt to purchase more than one item of a type.
Yes there are "mitigating" circumstances.
But - for me - the real bottom line is: It is up to the individual to carry through on the deal. It goes directly to character. The very fact that we are all disscussing this, (o.k. - I give myself too much credit in calling what I have been doing "disscussing" <G>) is indicative of clearly demonstrated concerns - by both parties that have -perhaps - been treated -in their own perception, and not knowing the facts of every circumstance - "un-fairly" in a previous deal, therefore they feel that this potential for a "repeat" looms ever present.
An indication of the "times in which we live"? Perhaps.. Somebody that did not get the proper "life-lessons" via Momma and her favorite switch... Probably <G>. Something BOTH parties contributed to? ABSOLUTELY!
I have wasted more bandwidth than is fair to others be-laboring "my" point - which is this:
Life is not perfect, and none of us, as participants in it are either.
Things do happen, and mistakes are made on both sides of the issue.
I will certainly appologize - here and now - for the "shock value" tactics which I do purposely employ from time to time - when I truly feel that someone is being taken advantage of. Had you been able to read the original post which started this thread -NOT THE CLEANED UP VERSION AT THE TOP OF THIS - rather the one specifically naming the other party my "rant" would make more sense to you. I think it is wrong of ANYONE OF US to do what I saw C. Hardover do to the fellow that "beat him to the punch" on a deal or two on engines. When C. Hardover chose to lodge a compliant, and name the individual - in a manner which easily depicted the other fellow doing something un-ethical, it became- arguably - liable/slander, maybe defamation of character.
So the question I pose is: Who of us, would want anyone - especially without any fair questions being asked of us - to to soil or character on a publicly read forum such as this?
The other fellow broke no rules/law. No one has offered up any evidence which says that he was out to creat "ill-gotten gain"?
The clear - and legally defensable position from which I draw my line on this issue is that this is a case of complete "avoidability. If Mr. Hardover had simply wanted to, he could have sent a PM, or an e-mail to the person that he wrote about in his original post, asking about his "intent", explaining that he too had need of the same type of engine, and that if he did not want 2 of them, would he please contact the seller, beg forgiveness, and ask that Mr. Hardover be able to purchase at the agreed to price.
(Gee, don't you REALLY think that all of this should be pretty simple to figure out?)
Amazing - simply amazing.
Look, all this has been great entertainment, but frankly, this horse that been beaten into an un-recognizable conditon, let alone death.
I vote for: GET OVER IT. - Agreed?
T