Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Goldberg Falcon Sr. ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 02:46 AM
Kitbasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Falcon Sr. ?

A friend that has been a regular spectator at our field brought an old airplane to the field last Sunday saying he wants to get it airworthy it has a K&B 61 that I have dissembled and cleaned Futaba AM radio that seams to work ok but needs batteries. The model is a high wing trainer type with decals that say Carl Goldberg Falcon Sr. How old is it , what are the recommended throws if any one knows. I have striped it down and started to recover repair restore ect. I will put up pic tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:09 AM
ben flyn

First of all It's a GREAT AIRPLANE! Now do a search "Senior Falcon"
You will see lots of info on this plane. I have one and learned on it! I wish I had a another one!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:49 AM
Arculis29

Default Senior Falcon

I learned to fly RC while on Okinawa with an Enya .60 and a PCS radio. This was in 1968. The wings and fuel hatch were held on with rubber bands and one day I pulled to tight a climb and found the rubber bands were no good. The wing lifted up and raised the hatch. When the wing came back down it was now on the top of the hatch with about 1/4 inch of positive incidence. My instructor grabbed the box, no such thing as a buddy box, and tried to save it as it headed toward the pacific ocean. We saw in go down and couldn't tell if it landed on the Army Airfield of the ocean. We soon found out when the Duty Officer came roaring over to our field in a jeep screaming his bloody head off about danger to his airplanes. One of out guys was a Colonel who told him to get lost. We drove over to the field, across the Machnato highway, to find the Falcon sitting on the airfield ramp with its motor quietly put-puting away. I shut it down and took it apart and went back to the field. From that day forward, I never used less than 10 rubber bands on that plane and left rubber behind on my next plane, a Jensen Ugly Stick.
That Falcon will never be forgotten and I still have pictures of that old friend.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Roger George
My Feedback: (3)

Default Senior Falcon

Arculis,Wow, I just purchased a nib Senior Falcon at a local auction for a friend of mine. He has been wanting one for about 3 years now. The irony is that I learned to fly full scale at Yanatan Air Strip on Okinawa in 1968. I was stationed at Kadena AB at the time. There was an aero club there for the millitary. The only cross ****ry was Okuma at the north end of the island, we had to remove the cross ****ry restriction when we got back to the States. Gee that streak I saw go by one day may have been that Sr Falcon of yours. Yes, I too hear the Sr. Falcon flies great, and I think it can be converted to a twin and even four engines. I built my step son a Falcon 56, 40 size, and it flew great. I giong to buy a Lotto ticket tonight because of this concidence. I was stationed at F.E.Warren, Cheyenne, Wyo. after Okinawa, and it was there my future brother-in-law taught me to fly RC. Roger George, Thornton, Co.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:12 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did my first solo on a Sr Falcon. Fabulous plane! It's an advanced trainer similar to a "Stik" but better.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Arculis29

Default Roger George

Well I'll be damned! We flew off the big gravel parade ground across Machinato highway from the Army Airfield. didn't know there were folks at Kadean (used to watch SR 71 come back in as they circled my quarters in Camp Buckner.
As I was getting ready to go to Vietnam, we were looking for a new place and we were sent North to Mobutu Point, just north of Kadena. This was a partially paved Japanese Zero airfield left over from WW II.