Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Funny thing about a "deal"

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Funny thing about a "deal"

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Happy Feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny thing about a "deal"

I think it is very inconsiderate to ask people how much they paid for things. If they volunteer, thats fine. Have you ever seen someone ask another the cost of what he had? Trick here is, if he got a deal, he'll speak right up and tell you the price he paid and on and on. If the price wasn't that great, he'll try an avoid the whole conversation or lie about it.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Funny thing about a "deal"

well i think theres two sides to this argument

but if its someone planning of selling something and they ask "how much is this worth, blah blah blah" and someone says "i should think about £150" and another person says "£100 atleast" then it can be used as a selling aid

otherwise i would think that it can be useful to compare, say, the price of a decent Trainer in the USA to a decent trainer in the UK
Old 03-11-2007, 05:05 PM
LANNYBOB

ive always asked people what they paid for things, it lets me know whether people are honest or not. sample..... " i paid three hundred dollars for this brand new da 100 with what do you think. " my response..... your a liar because its six hundred brand new. liar. live your own life stay away from mine.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:18 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It isn't that big of a deal. If I don't want to tell them, I don't. I ask sometimes, just out of curiosity, no insult intended. Its just life sometimes. Someone asks, they are usually impressed with how you did.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

I'll take two of your brand new DA 100's for $600 each! I paid twice that.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I fly jets I do not think there is one day I have gone out that someone did not walk right up and ask "How much?"...just like that.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: LANNYBOB

ive always asked people what they paid for things, it lets me know whether people are honest or not. sample..... " i paid three hundred dollars for this brand new da 100 with what do you think. " my response..... your a liar because its six hundred brand new. liar. live your own life stay away from mine.
Given how active the secondary market is, I'd say that's a pretty faulty way to decide who is honest and who isn't. That sounds like a great way to encourage good people to have a very dim view of your judgment.

I really don't mind when people ask me what things cost. If I was never able to find out what the going rates are on items, I'd never know if I was getting a fair deal or not. It's all in how and why a person asks the question.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
LANNYBOB

ive always asked people what they paid for things, it lets me know whether people are honest or not. sample..... " i paid three hundred dollars for this brand new da 100 with what do you think. " my response..... your a liar because its six hundred brand new. liar. live your own life stay away from mine. i was just kidding guys, i dont act like that.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

I think it depends on how the question is asked. I think it's better to say something like, "How much does something like that run if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently in the market" vs "What did you pay for that?" then when they answer say "Wow, that's a lot!" as if to make them feel stupid for making the purchase.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Happy Feet

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

I fly jets I do not think there is one day I have gone out that someone did not walk right up and ask "How much?"...just like that.

Just tell em "more than that POS you just drove up in!"
Old 03-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Ed Smith

Just tell em "more than that POS you just drove up in!"
Ah, so he drove up in a FORD!

ED S