Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

im tired of it

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im tired of it

Ok guys it seems that every week im getting a PM from a mod about me doing somthing wrong when I didnt read any rules about it. frankly im tried of it, and it seems that if i keep getting PMs about my wrong doing when i didnt even think i did somthing wrong Im goign to flat out drop from RCU--
Does this happen to you?
Old 02-14-2003, 12:33 AM
4 point roll
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Default :-)

I almost afraid to say anything here for fear of being put in time out by the rules police.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

if they get any of you for posting here---they better get me since I started the thread--thanks for the post 4 point roll
Old 02-14-2003, 12:56 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default im tired of it

So let me get this right... You didn't read the rules and or you didn't comprehend something in or of the rules... Moderators have enlightened you with PM's and you find this dis-tasteful, how I am doing? RCU is a free resource to all, all thats expected is for each user to abide by RCU rules and policies.

The rules are for everyone, they apply to everyone and we try to enforce them unilaterally. The rules allow RCU to run smoothly without wasting bandwidth.

SPAMMING:
Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly in one or multiple forums, is prohibited. Spamming will also be defined as posting advertisements in the general discussion forums for products for sale in the swap shop.

Each and every time a user logs on to RCU you agree to abide by "RCU's Community Polices".

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...62&forumid=109

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...25&forumid=108

If we did not have rules and subsequently adhere to them, this site like many of its predecessors would become worthless. Thus far it appears that the majority of users understand the necessity for rules and policy. After all this site is a resource and was not intended to cater to the few that feel it should be ran their way....
Old 02-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

sorry--i did read over them several times, id they way i have gotten the pm--i didnt like--thats ok if you dont agree, you have your own opinion and thats the good USA for ya.
however i have decided to stop all tades and sales due to i sell them in my area faster---not that anythings wrong with RCU, just i end up selling them faster.
about the polices---i better go read them 2 more times, beat them into my head so im more knowledgeable to my mistakes and wrong doings---sorry for my mistakes--ill try NOT to do anymore--
Old 02-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

mglavin
I tried to visit the links you sent me, but i cant open them, is it my comp or are they wrong? thanks
Old 02-14-2003, 01:18 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Default im tired of it

Originally posted by Dago Red
mglavin
I tried to visit the links you sent me, but i cant open them, is it my comp or are they wrong? thanks
They work for me... Just click on one or the other links and they'll take you to the appropriate page.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

hum--ill try again, me comp wont open links?--its just it,lol. thanks man.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

no--my comp still shows that they dont exsist, hum---i think its my comp, ill try again later.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Default Dago

Do you believe in ghosts? Maybe your puter has one living in it. :stupid: Or, maybe this is a sign, that the rules don't apply to you. hehehe
Old 02-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

well--the rules apply to me, but my comp has the feeling that im the king---BRB--ill go get a sledge hammer and fix that --think thatll fix my problem?
Old 02-14-2003, 02:31 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Default im tired of it

I missed out on a sale last week on Ebay. So I "fixed" my mouse with my fist.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:44 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

kinda like that garfield cartoon---him holding a chainsaw over the computer"the screen says cant comput" and garfield is saying"comput this.
LOL--I like that one.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:01 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Default im tired of it

Let me see if I can bring this rule subject into a better perspective. We live in a society governed by laws, (rules) and to make sure our society runs smoothly we as citizens obey these laws. A few will break them and then they will be punished accordingly. Now to make sure this site runs as smooth as possible we have made rules (laws) that all must follow and in doing so hopefully the site will run as planned. Now like in any society we will have those who will push the envelope to see how much they can get away with before they are stopped, and when caught will protest, and the more guilty they are the louder the protest. We have law enforcement officers that enforce the laws of society, and we have here what are called moderators that enforce the rules. If you use the site within the rules you will never here from us, but, if you don't then you will, now remember we are all volunteers doing this and we don't like having to tell someone that they have violated one or more of the rules. Most rules or laws are of course open to interpretation, and some will read them differently, nothing new there, but if you just take a second when reading them and then use common sense then things should go all right. I find it interesting that most don't even read the rules, would you build a plane without reading the construction book??? Then they get mad because it's brought to their attention, if all else fails, follow the instructions. Hope this has cleared up a few things.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:11 AM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

sounds good man--thanks for the info.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:30 AM
mvigod
Banned

Default im tired of it

Dago Red - Just keep in mind when a moderator points out a rule it doesn't mean you are a bad person or dumb by any means. I sense you may be taking it personal or feel you are being singled out in some way. I assure you this is hardly the case. The rules are posted here and are relatively simple and applied to everyone. Will we find every infringement? With 3500 posts PER DAY I doubt it but the ones we do find or those reported we address and try to do so politely.

The rules merely exist to make RCU more enjoyable for you and every other member. From what I understand above you posted to multiple forums which isn't allowed and never has been. There is little benefit from duplication here on a wide scale. How would you like to surf you favorite 5 forums in here and see the same exact posts by the same guy? Just isn't good and lowers the quality of the forum.

No big deal as I said. Not personal so please don't take it that way. If you read the rules I'm sure you will be fine. If you make a mistake somewhere a moderator will try to gently point it out to you and that is the end of it and you move on.

I've said my peace
Old 02-14-2003, 04:37 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

Default im tired of it

I for one would like to bid Dago a hearty FAREWELL......

I've been mesmerzed for a long time by your verbose, oratory, recurrent presense......

Good luck at your new website hangout!
Old 02-14-2003, 05:03 AM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Default im tired of it

Its funny how the best intentions end up in deep do do'

There are rules and I agree with them, Thats why I like RCU.

No Spamming of ads, Good idea" if You need an ad moved ask a mod, Dont duplicate it.

Posting in right forum, another good idea. Why does clubhouse look like a complete forum listing? mods come in and close a thread for being off topic"

What about threads out of topic? they miss it that much now that RCU is so big?

It is best to follow the rules, if the rules are inforced. You have mods replying in threads that are CLEARLY out of topic.

Why have radio or design or AMA or any other forums? all You need is clubhouse-Begginers-Kit building, for discussion forums'

The RCU slippery slope has slid' but I guess that's big business"

I posted this on the 9th in another wasted forum
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...167&forumid=40

and as of yet no reply, WHERE are the MOD's ???

And who really cares" the majority rules

I am not one of those, I dont come here to BS

Mod's take a look it only takes a minute to pan a screen and there are many duped' posts and many out of topic posts.

But appearantly the guidline is to single out a few"

And By the way Great job'

Dan ZZ
Old 02-14-2003, 11:21 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Default im tired of it

This is a copy of an old post from last year around this time :
Moderators (post # 1)

I think it is really long overdue to recognize the front line of this wonderful site.
I have witnessed many moderators trying to help in any way they can.
The mods have a thankless job that does not bring home the bacon....They volunteer to really do what they do......They take crap from a**holes like me, and who knows else......There are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes.
The norm is, when a mod leaves ....we give our best and say so-long....Seldom do they have a chance to tell the ones that we really appreciate them.
Please to all that think I am kissing up...NO!
I think we have some good mods that should be recognized.
If any of you feel that you have the desire to recognize a mod that helps people.....PUT it in print. They might have helped you....
I have so many I have to go back and look to the names.......
I really think we have a good team here....I hope it lasts forever.
Regards,
Daniel

As I said in my post, I agree with the post whole heartedly. Not that im kissing up either, They keep the peace, and by rules (laws), decide whats right or wrong. Let common sense be the judge when we type in a thread or response. (flame suit equipped and ready)
Old 02-14-2003, 06:33 PM
tiggerinmk

Default Rules? What rules?

I've been here a couple of months and I don't think I've even read the rules (at least not closely), and yes I do know where to find them.

The point is, most of the rules might just be 'common sense' and I've yet to receive a PM or email notifying me that I've 'stepped out of line'

I've had a couple of threads closed, but that was due to others going off topic and participating in 'petty bickering'.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:49 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Re: Rules? What rules?

Originally posted by tiggerinva

The point is, most of the rules might just be 'common sense'
Ah, I think you have just hit on the crux of the matter.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Crashem

Default Re: im tired of it

Originally posted by Dago Red
Ok guys it seems that every week im getting a PM from a mod about me doing somthing wrong when I didnt read any rules about it. frankly im tried of it, and it seems that if i keep getting PMs about my wrong doing when i didnt even think i did somthing wrong Im goign to flat out drop from RCU--
Does this happen to you?

Hey wait DAGO RED you can't leave yet!!!! YOU STILL OWE Midwest some more free advertising for that wing they sent you!!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

OK---i thought a little at school today, and thought about myself. i am easly peed off after some stuff, but other things dont pee me off.

Ill try to see what i can do on fixing things. And for you those that plan on seeing me leave---dont plan on it---i plan on sticking around--

On midwest, My citabria is flying great. No problems on the new wing, plus the wing has MIDWEST all over it. it will be at a airshow next weekend, where i plan to put it to use with its new aluminum struts, they have dowlrods in them for strength. I have fell in love with this plane. If your looking to go with midwest--do it. they are a good company.
thanks. ill see what i can do.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:54 PM
Dago Red

Default im tired of it

OH--yes
About RCU, i know there are people out there that flat out break the rules, i try not too. I understand the rules and as every one does, we break rules.

i understnd the rules are here to help keep this site clean from people posting things that are un appropriate and flat out mean to others.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:52 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default im tired of it

Yep,
I saw it coming.....one glance at the topic and I already knew what I was going to find here, but .........

....but you know it's like when you stick your finger in something really foul, and you know you shouldn't sniff, it but you just have to anyway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.