Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

would you do this trade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 AM
EpoweredRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would you do this trade?

I have a 1996 Honda 300ex four wheeler for sale I have been asking $1500 for it but seems no one will even give me 1,000 for it.

and there is a guy on line who has a Blade CX Blade CP (reg not a pro)

and some battery's and charger and everything RTF.

and also has a HPI car 4wd that only needs a spur gear to be perfect says it will drive like it it just goes slow, and he also has a T ma xx with a 2.5 engine but it needs put back together and the a arm is missing and stuff, any how he wants to trade me all of that for my 4 wheeler.

my 4 wheeler needs new plastic front and back and a new seat but runs good.

btw i am into planes,cars,trucks and helis.... I already have one glow powered rc truck and a electric one also and a Cp pro heli...

Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: would you do this trade?

you would be getting hosed!

all that stuff used.... is worth maybe $500... but I don't know cars well
Old 04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

I second that he is trying to pawn some low rent stuff off on you,please think about it .
Old 04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
EpoweredRC

ORIGINAL: barrelracer

I second that he is trying to pawn some low rent stuff off on you,please think about it .
low rent stuff? dont understand that... well i know new hpi cars cost alot and the heli is about 300 and the other one is like 160 and hes got chragers and stuff he says
Old 04-03-2007, 04:41 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Sounds like you want to make the trade, if you're happy with then do it
Old 04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Night_prowler26

low rent stuff? dont understand that... well i know new hpi cars cost alot and the heli is about 300 and the other one is like 160 and hes got chragers and stuff he says
If you are going to ask for opinions here in the forum, please do not argue with those that give their opinion. He stated what he thought of the deal you described, you can take it or leave it the choice is all yours. But please don't argue with those that took the time to answer your question.

Ken
Old 04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy used CPs &CXs on E-bay for $100-$125 all day long. I paid $102 for an upgraded CP.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: RCKen

If you are going to ask for opinions here in the forum, please do not argue with those that give their opinion. He stated what he thought of the deal you described, you can take it or leave it the choice is all yours. But please don't argue with those that took the time to answer your question.

Ken
Ken, I don't think he is arguing anything, he's simply stating that he doesn't understand what "low rent stuff" means and the rest of what he states is just prices on items he thinks might justify a trade.... I don't understand how you see him arguing

Night Prowler, like the others have said, it looks to me like a bad deal
Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. For $1000 you could buy much better gear than that. Chargers and the like look and sound good but can be bought for $50 2nd hand, not worth it IMO.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:58 AM
jettstarblue

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll trade you even up for your ATV....
Old 04-04-2007, 07:36 AM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

The reason I made my comment is that no1 you never want to buy stuff that needs fixed ,put back together etc etc relieing on somebody else's word of what it needs in less you have personal knowledge of the person you are dealing with .If his stuff (only) needs those few repaires why does he not do them and then offer them to you for trade/ sale,then it is a different ball game then the trade is on more equal footing.I am not saying this guy is dishonest or any thing like that but you (asked) for a opinion.But what it all boils down to is how much do you trust your fellow man not to break it off inside of you,there is a list of fellow r/c's on this site that trusted other r/c's to be up front with a deal and got hosed.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 PM
EpoweredRC

Thank you, I am not arguing with anyone, was just trying to post what i hadn't in the first post.
I am not a neebie, and No I dont post a whole lot but been a member for a while I post in the car section and heli section, wasnt sure if this was a good section for even posting this.
I have looked at some ebay things and such and agree its a rip off, thank you all for your input. I am not dealing with him.

thanks

ORIGINAL: tukkus

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ken
Ken, I don't think he is arguing anything, he's simply stating that he doesn't understand what "low rent stuff" means and the rest of what he states is just prices on items he thinks might justify a trade.... I don't understand how you see him arguing

Night Prowler, like the others have said, it looks to me like a bad deal
Old 04-04-2007, 01:05 PM
EpoweredRC

ORIGINAL: barrelracer

The reason I made my comment is that no1 you never want to buy stuff that needs fixed ,put back together etc etc relieing on somebody else's word of what it needs in less you have personal knowledge of the person you are dealing with .If his stuff (only) needs those few repaires why does he not do them and then offer them to you for trade/ sale,then it is a different ball game then the trade is on more equal footing.I am not saying this guy is dishonest or any thing like that but you (asked) for a opinion.But what it all boils down to is how much do you trust your fellow man not to break it off inside of you,there is a list of fellow r/c's on this site that trusted other r/c's to be up front with a deal and got hosed.
I value there opionions on things like this, Most of the time they will point out things we would otherwise not think about.... Some on here I know and TRUST and others I just read what they have to say... most the time you figure out fast who to trust and who not to , my father is well known on these sites and Many many many trust what he says to do with batterys and all
thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Munkster

I have a 1996 Honda 300ex four wheeler for sale I have been asking $1500 for it but seems no one will even give me 1,000 for it.

and also has a HPI car 4wd that only needs a spur gear to be perfect says it will drive like it it just goes slow, and he also has a T ma xx with a 2.5 engine but it needs put back together and the a arm is missing and stuff, any how he wants to trade me all of that for my 4 wheeler.

btw i am into planes,cars,trucks and helis.... I already have one glow powered rc truck and a electric one also and a Cp pro heli...

Keep in mind your 4 wheeler may be similar to my sons car. Its an 88 Nissan 300. I paid 3k for it 5 years ago and have atleast 3k more in it since but it is still a $500 car. Your 4 wheeler may be nice but you may not get nice for it. So do what I do. keep the darn thing because it runs great.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:06 AM
EpoweredRC

ORIGINAL: Munkster

Keep in mind your 4 wheeler may be similar to my sons car. Its an 88 Nissan 300. I paid 3k for it 5 years ago and have atleast 3k more in it since but it is still a $500 car. Your 4 wheeler may be nice but you may not get nice for it. So do what I do. keep the darn thing because it runs great.
yeah, i hear ya, well my four wheeler only needs plastic, with new plastic then it look nice, if i get the xtra money maybe i will buy new plastic and then maybe someone want it. but then I would ask more out of it also.
it runs great and thats all I have ever cared about.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 AM
jettstarblue

Yeah, so do you wanna buy the bridge or what?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:11 AM
EpoweredRC

naw I will pass.

ORIGINAL: jettstarblue

Yeah, so do you wanna buy the bridge or what?