Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Toolbar

Old 02-21-2003, 12:07 AM
k9copfl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toolbar

WIN 2000
IE 6

All I get is "Loading toolbar" at the top of the page. I am using Cable to connect to the internet and no matter how long I wait, It never changes. Please help.

[email protected]
Old 02-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Custom Toolbar

Default Re: Toolbar

Please tell me what operating system you are on and what version of Internet Explorer you are using.

Sounds to me like a network issue.

Originally posted by K9coptx
WIN 2000
IE 6

All I get is "Loading toolbar" at the top of the page. I am using Cable to connect to the internet and no matter how long I wait, It never changes. Please help.

[email protected]
Old 02-21-2003, 02:31 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default Toolbar

He said that!

Windows 2000 and IE version 6!

I think he just needs to wait!
Old 02-21-2003, 04:03 AM
Custom Toolbar

Default Toolbar

Originally posted by Geistware
He said that!

Windows 2000 and IE version 6!

I think he just needs to wait!

I must be going blind. My apologies. My visual filtering seems to be growing a mind of its own. Probably an old PII chip.

I would encourage the user to delete Internet Exploreres temporary files.( via the ctrl panel/internet options )

Actually, Win2000 installs well, but indeed take a while longer. Windows 2000 acrhitecture is business oriented and as I scan the Installs from A to Z I notice "occasionally" Windows 2000 has experienced slow installs.

Security/Registry architecture is partly responsible In "my opinion".

When I have done the following, speed of install has at times shown substantial improvements on Windows 2000.

1).Reboot
2). Delete temp files.
3). CLOSE ALL VIRUS SOFTWARE DURING INSTALL.
4). Close all instant messengers and all other "tray trash". CHECK the Task manager. Lots of people have Kazaa, Aol, Limewire, Instant Messengers, and a myriad of other lovely items running in the background.
5). If c:\Winnt\ctb directory exists, delete the entire directory.
6). Delete C:\Winnt\Downloaded Program Files\CustomToolbar.Setup

Then, install again. If the problem persists it would be of great importance to our firm if we could have a technician call you directly.

Custom Toolbar, while a newly emerging technology, is comitted to the highest standards.

I appreciate this entire site. The members have greatly contributed to the betterment of our technology with all of these various posts.

I await the report for the afore mentioned resolution suggestions.

Thank You

Howard Ryan
Old 02-22-2003, 12:15 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default Toolbar

I have win2K and IE6 SP1 with AV software and I had to wait longer than I would assume with my cable modem. It installed flawlessly. Good work on the toolbar!
Old 02-22-2003, 04:45 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toolbar

Geistware - thanks

Howard...thanks for the wonderful support on your product....

Fellas...much cooler stuff is coming for the toolbar...I saw a preview of Howard the obsessive programmers next version and it's going to be an awesome tool for users of this site. Direct submenus to hit your favorite forums among other things.