Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

PayPal? Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: PayPal? Is it just me?

ORIGINAL: TLH101

ORIGINAL: Stripes

Exactly! Meanwhile at 7-11 they sell money orders that are cheaper and much faster to get. They are Western Union if I remember. In addition you can pick up needed supplies for the game.
Those are not postal M/O and many of them are easy to counterfeit. When I get a M/O that is not from the P/O, I don't ship until it clears the "issuing" institution. That can take up to 2 weeks. Postal M/O get cashed at the P/O before I ship. Same with any smart seller.
Exactly. You take the Postal MO with you to ship the package. The clerk puts the item on the scale and you hand them the Postal MO. They take the shipping charges right out of the MO and hand you cash for the balance.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:01 AM
aimmaintenance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use paypal alot and so far (knock on wood) I have never had a problem.

The only thing that ticks me off is that I didn't think of it first.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Stripes
My Feedback: (19)

Yup, and we have guys at our field that wear a belt and suspenders too.

The issue here was PayPal. They aren't a bank and they aren't a credit card. Correct me if I am wrong here but the last time I checked they escape federal regulation by falling into a crack. People who have trouble with them don't have much recourse.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:16 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, the thread was not started as a PayPal discussion, but a discussion of sellers that do not take PayPal.

And while I am at it, just want say, I also pass on ads that have a "surcharge" to use PayPal. That is a direct violation of the P/P user agreement. You made a deal with P/P, stick to it. If you can't honor your agreement with P/P, how do I know I can trust you?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:56 AM
FOD MAN

I also pass them by, while i could go get a money order to me its a waste of my limited time. its not being lazy its just the best way for me. also it makes the shipping faster most of the time.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our PayPal account is linked to one of our "minor" bank accounts which seldom has more than $2000 in it. I don't let it get bigger than that. When the Paypal account goes negative, and we buy something, PayPal takes money out of the bank account, no charge. When we get too rich in the PayPal account, we transfer some into the bank account, no charge.

I understand (don't quote me) that there is no PayPal protection for international transactions. Never the less, I have had no problems and prefer PayPal. I won't deal with anyone who wants an extra fee on an auction, However, if some one is doing me a favor, I might slip them a little extra. I've also had no probem sending or receiving American $$'s cash.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:16 PM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Jim Thomerson

Our PayPal account is linked to one of our "minor" bank accounts which seldom has more than $2000 in it. I don't let it get bigger than that. When the Paypal account goes negative, and we buy something, PayPal takes money out of the bank account, no charge. When we get too rich in the PayPal account, we transfer some into the bank account, no charge.

This is what I did. I have my Pay Pal set up to a seperate no fee checking account. I just have my "Airplane" money in it .
Old 04-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

Maybe I'm old fashioned, or just naive. I've purchase and sold several gas engines, servos, etc here on RCU. I always end up exchanging several emails with the seller/buyer, or 9 times out of 10, talk to them over the phone. I always deal in PO MO or personal checks. I leave the decision up to them. I always send them an email when the funds arrive, and another with the tracking number....More often than not we end up becoming friends and keep in touch with each other...I wish everyones experience was as good as mine.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:58 PM
XTMer

I personally don't use it. All of my info was "stolen" and since then I haven't had an account.