Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Covering ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 10:12 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering ?'s

I am finishing up my latest plane and it is the first I have done with different schemes on top and bottom. What have you done to seperate the schemes? On my latest I have done the bottom in wide red/white stripes like the bottom of a lot Caps I have seen and the top has a red/white checkerboard at the LE. The two schemes meet at odd intervals at the center of the LE. I was thinking about putting a 1/2" wide strip of white to seperate the top and bottom schemes but I thought I'd ask and see what others have done.
Thanks,,, basmntdweller
PS I'll try and post a pic to show what I mean.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:17 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Default Covering ?'s

See what I mean?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3395_1387.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	2967  
Old 02-19-2002, 10:42 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Covering ?'s

I usually run a 1/4 tape stripe in a good contrasting color. Black would look good, or maybe silver (not chrome). Depending what other colors are on you plane., you may choose to use one of them.
Terry
Old 02-20-2002, 02:57 AM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Default Covering ?'s

Also depending on what other colors are on your plane, but I would run a strip of yellow down the leading edge. Black would be good too. The side effect of this is that it helps with keeping the wings level on approach and landing when looking at the plane front-on.