Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Bay Area CA people please help identify this flying field

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Bay Area CA people please help identify this flying field

Old 02-24-2003, 06:26 PM
mecam
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area CA people please help identify this flying field

This looks like it's near the coast. Either Half Moon Bay or Pacifica. If you know this field please post the directions to get there. I know this is not PCC at Half Moon Bay because they have a green turf runway and they are right at the edge of the cliff. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	58004_9425.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	36176  
Old 02-24-2003, 08:29 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Salinas, CA
Old 02-24-2003, 08:40 PM
mecam

The website I got the picture from says Half Moon Bay, but the only field I know of in HMB is PCC which is really small. I emailed the webmaster but he has not replied yet. The field looks big and nice too.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:35 PM
4 point roll
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Default WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where that feild is but would you look at all those cars.

I live in the capitol of Kansas and it would take a month or more to gather that many people at the flying field.

You should feel very lucky that you have that many people that you can share your hobby with..........
Old 02-24-2003, 11:49 PM
rc_crasher
My Feedback: (2)

Default I've been there

I've been there ... for an all electric fly-in. It's a great field in Half moon bay (different than the other one you mentined). This one's only about 1 mile north of town near a little league field. Will try to remember the club name ...
Old 02-25-2003, 12:53 AM
mecam

Default Re: I've been there

Originally posted by rc_crasher
I've been there ... for an all electric fly-in. It's a great field in Half moon bay (different than the other one you mentined). This one's only about 1 mile north of town near a little league field. Will try to remember the club name ...
Yes, please find the club name and directions, thank you! As you can see I live in SF also and the closest field is 50miles away. HMB is very close to where I live. Do they allow 35%~40% at this field? Looks big enough.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:20 AM
rc_crasher

Default Club Name

I think the club was "Peninsula AeroModelers" The location was pretty easy to get to (I only went once ... I live in Fremont). Took 92 to HMB, turned south for about 1 mile, I BELIEVE the right turn was 'wavecrest road', and at the end of the road you passed a little league field, and then it dead ended at the club. If it wasn't wavecrest, I remember there was a restaurant at the junction of hwy 1 and the turnoff. Pretty close to town.

It had two runways, and tons of room compared to my club. I don't know the rules on membership ... I was only there to watch an event, although they were handing out flyers about how to join. Certainly seems like a 35% could fit ...

Oh one thing ... since that pic was taken, a Ritz Carleton was built slightly south of the field, but the flying takes place to the north-west so that's not a problem.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:17 AM
mecam

Thanks rc_crasher, I was able to find Peninsula Aeromodelers on AMA's website and called the prez of the club. The website is www.pam-rc.org. He said no limit on the size of planes but a 96db limit @ 10feet. I'm like 96???? My 3W100 will not even come close, how bout 105db... I joined anyways cause it's so close to my house. Now I can fly my UCD everyday after work
Old 03-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Jim Finn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have flown there at the fly-ins. The only problem I have heard of at this site is that it is often too foggy to fly there.