Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

MK Bell crank iunstructions - HUH?!?!?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

MK Bell crank iunstructions - HUH?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 04:26 AM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK Bell crank iunstructions - HUH?!?!?

I really got a kick out of the instructions that cmoes with the MK bell crank. Thought I'd share with you guys. Direct translation from Japanese - I love it!

FEATURES:
1. From servo to elevtor jointed by strait.
2. Never happened strange vibration and hard rod and 100% performance torque of servo.
3. Never happened small loose by ball bearings.
4. Static stability by put on the servo closer center of gravity.

Deside Position:
1. The B.B. Dual Coupler is the set position about 47-54mm wide of behind fuselage. (You have to think about plus 1.5mm of wood.)
2. When moving servo horn never touch the bottom or horizontal stabilizer (inside and outside)
3. You have to deside about position of servo to elevator horn make a strait line.

Make Hole:
1. After deside the position. Both side make a hole look from front same position of fuselage. Both side about 12mm hole.
2. Separate 3 pcs. 1 x T Block and 2 X Horn with Guide.

Make a Rod:
1. Lenth about center of servo horn to B.B. dual Coupler.
2. Contact inside adjuster and T Block by Jet glue.
3. Carrying T Block to hole by Rod.
4. T Block throw the piano line about 2 mm from side hole.
5. Joint T Block and horn with guide. Final screw down.
6. If happened small move each side. Please for adjust a little bit cutting T block.

Avoid vibration of Rod:
The approximately 1/2 inch sponge put on the position.
(Both 2 inch front of coupler and 2 inch behind servo.)
Old 02-25-2003, 05:48 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Now that's funny. I was given an ARF like that about 6 years ago and the instructions were so bad that if you could even follow them the plane would be dangerous. I did a write up for our local club newsletter about it and sent a copy to the guy that was writing the 'Safety comes first' article for Model Aviation and he actually printed it.
Let's see if I can remember some, it was an ugly stick yet they showed you how to put the canopy on, uh-huh. The rudder servo showed the nose wheel wire connecting to the clunk and even said that's where it went, cute, but won't the fuel leak out?? No where was the CG shown, no measurements for the control throws and the I stripped off the flypaper they called covering and almost had a heart seizure when I saw what was under it. The wood was something unknown to modern man, the piece on top of the fuselage had huge gaps and little pieces of wood stuck in there to try and fill them. some ribs lterally fell out when the covering was taken off and on and on. Now if someone with some experience had just gone ahead and set it up then they would have had one dangerous plane, thank God the company went out of business!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 07:05 PM
RCJones

I can't believe you don't understand that!

Do you remember the slogan "Coke adds Life"? When they translated it in Asia it cam out "Coke brings back your dead relatives" I wonder how sales did?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:41 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

I remember hearing one time that Coca Cola translated in Chinese meant 'Bite the wax tadpole'. Don't know how true that is, but it would certainly put a dent in the sales, wouldn't it?