Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

A little problem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 12:46 PM
justrfb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little problem...

Good morning All,
I have a little problem that I would love to hear your view on. I think this is the right place to post... I am normally a very decisive person. If I decide to build something, fix something, make something, write something (I think you get the picture) I do it. I most often never change my plan or goal. I am not so rigid that I won't check my options or alternate ways of completing the task but the main goal or purpose very rarely changes, EXCEPT FOR the proverbial question... "What do I build next?" I am currently building a TF 1/7 scale P51-B. As far as what is next I am all over the place. It is almost embarrassing! I was going to build the Great Planes Extra 330L (the big one) for a while, bugged a whole bunch of people researching it, what engine, what servos... Even had my lovely wife's ever important "OK to continue" and then, it changed. We were going to add onto our house so the Big Extra was stopped ($$$$). Then I was thinking a twin... Looked into a "Twin Star" ARF but not easily gotten... The Twin Star was going to lead up to one of my true passions, the DC3. Then a TF 1/5 P51B, again, not easily gotten. I love the Mustang! Then, a Ziroli D-18, which I love also! Then the Avenger! I have a "thing" for that plane... Then a "quick 40 ARF" just to get in the air fast... Then back to the Ziroli D-18.
All of this turning and flip flopping drives me crazy! Not to mention my wife who likes my planes but with 3 beautiful young children, a house, a job... She would like to spend time with me and if I am trying to finish a plane... Anyway, I guess there is something good from this, I basicaly have really narrowed it down to an Avenger, a D-18, a DC-3 or the bigger B-Mustang. Again, all this going on while I am trying to finish my B-Stang. Any comments of help or comfort would be nice...

Justrfb (checking all my options)
Old 02-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Bob Parker
My Feedback: (18)

Default Info

It may not help you out with your problem but I have a twin star that I would sell, it`s not posted yet but could be bought. It`s put together. E-mail me if your interested [email protected]
Old 02-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Little Problem

It is a common affliction among R/Cers.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:08 PM
FormerCA.
My Feedback: (8)

A "true" r/c pilot must have ATLEAST 3 projects in various stages of completion at all times.

I know I read that somewhere
Old 02-28-2003, 02:37 PM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

I have a terrible time with indecisiveness. Should I build a fun-fly, a gasser, or a new heli? I can change my mind every hour. If it's that hard to decide, then it probably doesn't matter. If making a decision becomes frustrating, I remind myself this is supposed to be fun!

Tom
Old 02-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Kaos Rulz

Default All of this turning and flip flopping drives me crazy!

Justrfb,

Do what I do -- Just drink on it!
Old 02-28-2003, 03:45 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do what I do, buy them all and build on whichever you feel like at the time.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Hideho, here's my take...
You've already got a P-51....and you want a 40 size plane to get in the air quick...but your next "project" you seem to be leaning towards a DC-3 or twin there abouts....
Solution?
Get the Twinstar, you'll need the twin experience dialing in the engines and "listening" for the dreaded one engine out. Actually you could even arrange to have one engine run out of fuel sooner, predictibly, to learn to fly on one engine..ergo not to turn into the dead engine..
And, it will be a fast get up in the air plane...

The Twinstar for you seems the most logical choice here...and they're very available...Tim's Hobby in Everett, Wa. has one NIB, and I've flown one many times, it's a good airplane.

Best of luck,
Mike
Old 02-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Build and finish the one that can be done the quickest. That way you can satisfy yourself and your family as soon as possible!
Old 02-28-2003, 04:52 PM
M Gill

Which one of these projects is most "outside of the norm" for you?

Make your next project a challenge.

Mace Gill
The Aeroplane Works