Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Why do people do this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:52 AM
heli_Rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do people do this?

I fail to understand why petty little people have to go to your personal photo gallery and deliberately derate your pictures just to be mean! I share pictures of my models with other modelers because I also enjoy seeing what everyone else has built or in the stable.

I wish that I could block anyone from rating my models. They are there to see, not judge. I will probably remove all the pics now.

It really isn't all that big a deal, but just another aggravation I can do without. Grow up people!

Rod [&o]
Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Why do people do this?

It's called envy. Don't let the wannabes and wishtheycoulds determine what you do. Follow your own standards. People who do what you are describing are telling much more about who they are than about your pictures. Ignore them.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:15 AM
heli_Rod

THANKS, I guess i needed that.

Rod
Old 06-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Dr1Driver

The question you have to ask yourself is: Does their opinion of you and your models REALLY matter to you? In this whole wide world, there are only about 5 people whos opinions of me and what I do REALLY matter to me. The rest can go suck wind.

Build for your own gratification and saticfaction, not someone else's.

Dr.1
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
heli_Rod

You gentlemen are right! It shouldn't matter to me what people think of me or my abilities. I have decided to leave my pics in my gallery and they can go suck eggs if they don't like them. I don't build or fly to impress anyone except myself. I just wanna have fun and make new friends.

I will refuse to lower myself to their level. If I can't say something nice then I'll say nothing at all.

Let's just go flying! That's the bottom line anyway.

Rod
Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I looked at your pics Rod. I have had and have much worse crap than you have. What kind of knuckle dragger would say something bad about your stuff?

David
Old 06-02-2007, 02:34 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not much of a heli fan, but I think you've got some cool stuff. I especially like the fish head heli body.

As long as YOU like it, who cares what anybody else thinks?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Trollmaster

Is that one of those cardboard cut-outs of "Yeager" that your standing next too?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:53 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

Don't worry about blocking some knuclehead. Anyone with half a brain can look at your stuff and make their own conclusions. The flamer will be shown for what he is.

Hey, not only do you have a GeeBee, you play the guitar too. That makes you OK in my book. Sounds like the guy has a serious case of winkie envy.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:01 PM
heli_Rod

Is that one of those cardboard cut-outs of "Yeager" that your standing next too?
Are you refering to my profile pic? That picture was taken in 1976....LOL. The airplane "was" mine until I got stupid and married. It is a Pitts S-1C, built in 1972 by an A&P mechanic from Georiga. Registration N137L. It was the 2 aileron open cockpit version with a 150 Hp O-320 Lycoming engine with a pressure carb and full inverted fuel and oil systems. Besides being a lot of fun to fly it was a very tight fit for me. I am 6'-5" and was 215 pounds when that picture was taken. I have gained a lot of weight since those days. I can't imagine even trying to squeeze my big butt in there now. I wore the airplne as it was a tight fit and the CG was right on the aft limit! It would snap roll in a heart beat.

My EX-wife is long gone......dang I miss that airplane![sm=cry_smile.gif]

Rod
Old 06-03-2007, 12:06 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heli-rod - who cares about ratings, you actually flew the real thing whilst those who are rating your planes are flying RC only! Anyways, I had no idea that your pictures can be rated!!! I had a GWS SPit once, I was too lazy to buy proper paint and I used water colour, she looked totally dreadful but who cares, I was happy to fly her.

What does RANK means? Does it mean like 3/10 only? Or ranked against other pics in your gallery? Hmmmm ... I got a lot of twos and threes!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:21 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

I will refuse to lower myself to their level. If I can't say something nice then I'll say nothing at all.
Atta boy! You can always say something nice though, but the trick is to mean it. If I can't find something nice to say, and mean it, then I know I need to work on my attitude, as it makes me no better than the s*** talkers!

You continue to enjoy the hobby, and posting pics. As you know, we enjoy them too. It's true there are those who are only happy when they are making others unhappy. Don't let em get to ya! Have FUN!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 AM
khodges

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Trollmaster

Nah, he's real enough, I'm the cardboard cut-out. That was made in 1988 at the Brooks AFB Officers' Club in San Antonio, Tx.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

If anyone is worried about what strangers on the internet say.....they are going to have a tough time getting through life
Old 06-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Karma has a way of paying jerks like that back. That is why bitterness is such a waste of time.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:06 PM
ZAGNUT

you shoulda been around here back when we could rate each others posts and your personel average was shown right below your avatar was fun while it lasted....

dave
Old 06-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ZAGNUT

you shoulda been around here back when we could rate each others posts and your personel average was shown right below your avatar was fun while it lasted....

dave
Some people just get off on belittling others. Sad for them, if you ask me. That energy could be put into something positive. And it is unfortunate that they don't realize how life pays you back. I call it karma. Others may call it something else. But if I stole from somebody, or knowingly wronged them in a certain way; when that comes back on me, I would be the first one to say 'I deserved that'.

But I don't. So it doesn't.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Trollmaster

ORIGINAL: heli_Rod

I fail to understand why petty little people have to go to your personal photo gallery and deliberately derate your pictures just to be mean! I share pictures of my models with other modelers because I also enjoy seeing what everyone else has built or in the stable.

I wish that I could block anyone from rating my models. They are there to see, not judge. I will probably remove all the pics now.

It really isn't all that big a deal, but just another aggravation I can do without. Grow up people!

Rod [&o]

I know what happened, it was the GeeBee R-2. I love the "Y" but that thing, I don't know. Every time I see one, I just wonder "why?" I like all the helis. I have couple older Concepts I'm learning on.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:55 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Some folks hold the mistaken belief that the process of tearing someone else down soemhow builds them up. How wrong can you be? As far as I am concerned, it puts them on a level somewhere below the one being maligned.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I guess, that since someone thought there should be a rating system in place for some reason, people will tend to use it to voice there opinion of your photos.

The real question should be: Who thinks there is a need for an IDIOTIC rating system of other's photos in the first place?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
heli_Rod

I completely agree. I see no need for it and these types of things always seem to get abused for whatever reason. Personally, I'd like to see the ratings system removed or at least an option in your profile that you can turn off.

Oddly enough, since I started this forum, I have been plagued with others deemed it necessary to de-rate my pics. I guess I'd have been better off not to have said anything. Oh well, have your fun children. I will not delete my pics because of them and hope others will post more for us to view.

Rod
Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
ZAGNUT

ORIGINAL: Deadeye

ORIGINAL: ZAGNUT

dave
Some people just get off on belittling others. Sad for them, if you ask me. That energy could be put into something positive. And it is unfortunate that they don't realize how life pays you back. I call it karma. Others may call it something else. But if I stole from somebody, or knowingly wronged them in a certain way; when that comes back on me, I would be the first one to say 'I deserved that'.

But I don't. So it doesn't.

don't think you got what i was taliking about. back when posts could be rated some of us turned it into a fun little game to see who could get their own personal rating down below zero as far as possible while others *****ed and moaned everytime they got a single negative rating. IMO these people are no better than the idiots that get off on giving negative ratings. how anyone could care either way is completely beyond me unless maybe we're talking about 1st graders.

dave
Old 06-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Live Wire

If I were younger and did not have mind farts I would tell some of these young "Censored"