Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Anyone know Toledo? What hotels are the closest?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Anyone know Toledo? What hotels are the closest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 05:06 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know Toledo? What hotels are the closest?

I'm headed to the Toledo show again this year. Last year I got lucky and the hotel attached to the Seagate center got a cancel and I got in. This year they are sold out so I need to reserve in advance but have no clue what hotels are nearest to the Seagate center where the Toledo RC show is held. Anybody here familiar with toledo that knows?

The toledo website has some hotels listed but not being from that area it is difficult to determine which ones are close or "way out"

http://www.toledoshow.com/hotels.html
Old 03-01-2003, 12:57 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wram show nightmare

when is the toledo show???? went to the wram show this year and will probably never go again, and we have gone for many years, maybe 10? having a big van, i could carry alot of people, a bunch of us went on friday, after sitting at the light in front of the civic center for about 45 minutes, they inform us all lots are full, then they direct us to just up the road to the dam forthier parking lot, said 1/2 mile up the road. wasnt to keen on walking carrying our purchased item back, well the parking lot turned out to be 4 miles and no shuttle yet, we waited almost an hour and still no shuttle. so i put alot of people from the dam parking lot in my van and gave them a ride back, finally i found or i should say, i made my own parking space and went in.

What happened some of the big named dealers, i saw a bunch of park flyers, tethered helis, and stuff you would find at a toy store Not a hobby store. this is not a cheap slam to the wram show, i do enjoy going every year, but it seems more and more the big named dealers are leaving and more rc related items are not there. i went with a lot of money and so did a few other guys the went with us, and i only spent 75 dollars. maybe it's just me, but i'll try the toledo show and see what i'm missing.

mark
Old 03-01-2003, 01:21 PM
P40 Maniac
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THE RADISSION HOTEL IS CLOSE TO SEA GATE CENTER. IF HAVE ? ABOUT OTHER I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:46 PM
rcalfred

Default hotels

If Toledo is anything like the EAA Convention in Oshkosh, you should plan on next year for reservations. Oshkosh has become so big that many hotels in the 50 mile radius of the field demand (and get) a minimum stay of 3 days. Regards.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:12 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I was trying to make reservations and found the hotels very close to the Seagate center were booked. I'm not familiar with Toledo, but found a Days Inn that had "plenty of rooms" 3 weeks ago....it's about 3 miles from the Seagate Ctr. Seems like a very easy drive to get there when I printed a map from Yahoo....it's basically right across the river.

Mike
Old 03-01-2003, 11:24 PM
mweathers

TRY THE WYNDHAM TOLEDO. IT IS CLOSE THE SEVICE IS GREAT AND THE PRICE IS RIGHT AT 196.OO FOR TWO NIGHTS INCLUDING TAXES THRU ORBITZ. INDOOR POOL AND GREAT DINING.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:45 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I would recommend staying across the river. (south on 75)
Parking is not bad if you get there early.
Old 03-02-2003, 03:06 AM
Chuckr53-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

I made reservations today for the Wyndham Toledo just up the street from the Seagate Center. Got a AAA discount that brings the price to $79/night + 14% room tax.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:11 AM
mvigod
Banned

Wyndham Toledo it is!!!

thanks for the tip...$84/night + tax and 2 or 3 blocks from the Seagate (walking distance). I think I paid more than double that last year to stay at the Radisson which is attached to the Seagate...with all these hosting fees it's nice to save a few bucks wherever I can
Old 03-02-2003, 04:15 AM
Chuckr53-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Denada
Old 03-02-2003, 05:59 AM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

How did you get $84 for a night? I found it was 129.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:06 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask for their two night promotion. I called to inquire about rates and they were 80% booked, hung up, called a few other places in the surrounding area, called back about 45 min later and they were 90% booked. It's goin' fast!
Old 03-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Elwood

I just got the 50/50 promotion. $99 for night #1, and $49 for night #2. Not many left!!!

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-02-2003, 04:20 PM
mvigod
Banned

Going fast...the Power O' this thread at RCU

There was another thread about a certain manufacturer having a YS motor in stock last week...supposedly after the thread on RCU the vendor sold out of about 20 units and said "we had a run on them this week"....let them know you heard about it on RCU as it would be interesting to see just how much effect this site and the member buying power really exerts these days.

Perhaps at some point we can do some sort of group buying where if a large group of members want 100 motors for example I can take all their orders and then negotiation with a vendor to get the best price and pass it along to RCU members.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:05 PM
flicka5

Default Easy Rooms

You can always get a room at the Toledo Express for $29.00 even coming without a reservation. It is on I280 and Woodville Rd. Just tell them to keep the light on!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	59967_4974.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	36881