Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Is Your Club Growing or Shrinking?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is Your Club Growing or Shrinking?

Old 03-06-2003, 04:38 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is Your Club Growing or Shrinking?

Our club was maintaining, maybe even growing a bit with a few new members. After this Bull the AMA is pulling with our bylaws, I fear we will loose a few members. This sux.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant you loose the AMA instead? does it build your plane for you? does it pay for your fuel? does it start it? does it take off and stop you crashing? does it wipe it down afterwards. nope... our club dumped the BMFA years ago and got its own insurance sorted out. IF members want to fly at other BMFA clubs then they get join the BMFA to be allowed in , dun bother us. mean while, we stick by the BMFA rules, and even do the tests. just save allot of hassle and cash.
i can see how a lone flyer trying to find a site to fly with if hes not AMA could be a problem, seeing as most of you have to be AMA clubs , but a whole club with its own insurance deal is sorted.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:51 PM
nav8tor

Our club's dues are $96 per year. For that we get to fly at a very well maintained field, 6 cookout fun flys, additional insurance and a monthly newsletter.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:50 AM
Bob Peterson

Our club has about 300 members now. We lost about 50 when dues came due. We will pick up about 50 or so during the year. Why is our club doing so well? We have a board that works hard and cares about the membership. We have a fantastic field with covered assembly area. Starting tables in the paved pit area, and lots of parking. We have an R/C airplane area, a helicopter area, and a u-control area. We are in the process of building four car tracks on the property. Dirt oval, dirt offroad, asphalt oval, and asphalt onroad. Dues are $100 per year, but you can earn $50 of it just by helping around the field. We hold funfly, combat, and pylon consests throughout the year. We hope to get back to three flying fields again. (lost 2 last year). Wouldn't you love to be a member of this club? I sure do.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

I wouldn't pay much more than i do now to fly at our field, maybe 30 quid a year tops, but that would be if the extra rates where to pay for a new field with stuff in the future.
However, for a field like that seeing as my car club could be part of it i'd pay what you do no problem. A club house with power would be a must tho. we could set up a little weather station and web cam then to see if its worth going
50 of our members pay 40 quid a year extra to fly on the RAF base with allot of restrictions, a pro field with the same tarmac runway ( grass runway too of course ) at that price would be a bargain!!!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:42 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Our dues is pretty cheap. We just put in a new runway and had to assess each member $50 to do it. Noone had a problem with it. Got all the bylaw issues dealt with last night so things are cool again. Hate dumb problems like that. One member trying to run things from the sidelines can cause so many problems. Pretty amazing. The whole point is fly and have fun. Cookouts and funflys are a blast too.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:33 PM
winship

To RandallM;

Like they say up here in Indiana, everything is bigger in Texas.