Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby Shops in Albuquerque?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby Shops in Albuquerque?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Oly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hobby Shops in Albuquerque?

Hi Guys,
I'm going to Albuquerque next week and I would like to find out where the best hobby shop is, for RC airplanes. I know there is a great one in east Albuquerque, but I can't remember the name.

If any Albuquerque flyers would help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Oly
Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Cyclic_ Hardover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Shops in Albuquerque?

Hobbies n Stuff. Corner of Candelaria and Eubank in the shopping center

http://www.hobbies-n-stuff.com/supplies.htm

Open 10-6 every day. Closed on Sunday
Old 06-28-2007, 10:10 PM
pinnedup

Hobbies N Stuff is the best RC hobby shop in Albuquerque. Great people with lots on knowledge that they are willing to share. Hobbies n Stuff is located in the Eastdale Shopping Center, on the Southwest corner of Eubank and Candelaria, at 2801 Eubank NE Unit P, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112, USA. 505-293-1217. http://www.hobbies-n-stuff.com/
Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Oly

Thanks Guys!

I've been there before, your name and location jogged my memory. It is an excellent place. I remember they had some great "antique" radio gear on display. They also stocked just about all the bits and pieces you'd need to put together and airplane. Great kits, ARF's, radios and engines.

Can't wait to visit. Thanks again.

Oly
Old 06-29-2007, 06:23 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was under the impression thet Hobbies & Stuff had closed down. Did they decide to stay open, or has some else purchased the store? I grew up in Alb, and knew Stan for many years. It's a great shop, and I am glad to hear it,s still open.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Cyclic_ Hardover

They sold but to a couple of locals and apparently keeping the same name so far. Same employees. We'll see how it goes. Thing is with the previous owners (who left just last week) were great to work with. Customer service was top notch and i had been going to them for 10 years.

Was able to order anything expensive with no pre pay and they order things right away and kept you informed. If this deteriorates, there's another store much closer to me in town that I can use that does not do jack for anyone that I can just go get what I need and they all can "bite me"

I did make a good move when I heard about the store selling. I decided to try Microfastenrs and that worked out well. I have one heckof a supply of 2-56 and 4 40 hardware combinations.

This one is called Outwest Hobbies
Old 06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear they are staying open. I remember when Stan first opened about 15 years ago, and even before when he worked for Charlie, at duke City Hobby. I used to go to Charlies old shop by the Taco Sal on Candelaria back in the sixties. Between Charlie and Stan, the guys in Alb have always had good shops and service. Hope it continues. I visit every couple of years and hit all the shops when I do. I checked out that Outwest place tha last time I was there, and was less than impressed. That was right after they opened I think.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

I guess I'm back to my old self? Anyways, Here is how Duke City went . Around 1999 or so, a new Hobby store opened up and was called Albuquerque Hobby. Duke City had changed its name to Southwest Hobbies. So Albuquerque Hobby was very weak. Southwest was doing okay but nothing serious and Stan had nearly 3/4 of the local market (at a guess). So maybe around 2000-2001 Albuquerque Hobby bought Southwest and the whole thing went from bad to worse. Then the local BMW deal moved and Southwest bought the property and set up shop. Now it is nice and impressive but they have nitwits for "experts" This mean what ever you ask for, you get this "deer in headlights" look.

But thats the basics. An era has past.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Cyclic_ Hardover

Oh an Southwest became Outwest Hobbies[sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]