Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

COULD RC PLANES BE BANNED? Say it's not possible!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

COULD RC PLANES BE BANNED? Say it's not possible!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 04:23 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default COULD RC PLANES BE BANNED? Say it's not possible!

Would be comforting to know if the AMA actually was doing anything about this right now. Anybody heard a peep from them about this?

If they ban RC planes and helis the AMA is gone instantly. Why pay for insurance for a plane or heli you can no longer fly? Wonder what happens to their liquidated assets if they had to shut down?

We all hope this day doesn't come but government paranoia on this topic is high lately.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:40 PM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, if that ever happened the AMA would be in a squeeze huh? I looked for a bill pertaining to this but haven't found anything yet. I may call the AMA this coming week and see if they can provide some good info. If I do, I'll make sure and post it here.

Wade
Old 03-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Ptarmigan

Originally posted by RCAeroguy

COOLER HEADS?!?!? haha we're talking about haha the illustrious Sen Chuck Shumer and Hillary Clinton here as two of the sponsors of this paranoid insanity. Haha cooler heads. hahahaha roflmao. Two of the most complete waste of air and space going. But I won't get started and hopefully the moderators won't pull my political sentiment.

That's no good. I hope that will NEVER happen. Besides there are other ways to kill. Has anyone thought of someone using a tanker truck and crashing it into a building or the use of a truck loaded with bombs? Well, Clinton and Schumer are a bunch of red diaper doper baby moronic idiots.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:03 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Keep the personal political sentiments out of this, or I'll have to take them out myself. This is an issue of paramount importance to all of us. I for one would appreciate people not posting rumors or unsubstantiated facts. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:05 PM
WADE

I thought that link was fact enough to start this thread?

Wade
Old 03-08-2003, 08:08 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

It sure was. It's something we all need to be aware of and mindful of. What I meant is posting things such as bills being submitted without any real, factual knowledge of such a thing. That won't help anyone.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:13 PM
WADE

MikeL,
I really didn't think you were meaning me, just checking though. I'll get some more info on this if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Wade