Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Do You Remember This? I do and it's Chilling!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Do You Remember This? I do and it's Chilling!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Remember This? I do and it's Chilling!

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:23 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Shame on you... You aren't supposed to know the truth.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] And then to post it where someone might actually read it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Careful... those who tell the truth about Clinton and Gore seem to have a probem with accidentally shooting themselves in tha back of the head. (with no powder burns...)
Old 03-07-2003, 05:49 AM
rcalfred

This is an internet myth. North did not name OBL. It was another terrorist---can't remember the name but definitely not OBL! Regards.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:48 AM
Postal FLyer

Default Chilling!

I may be a myth, I don't have a complete copy of the trial transcripts. A friend of mine whom I served with in the Army for many years and is now an ROTC Commandant emailed this to me and I thought it was interesting. He also said that we had put Sadam in power at the time when we wanted Iraq to go to war with Iran for us. Some of this we may never know for sure. One thing for sure is that we are fixing to get into a real messy situation over there now. It's funny to hear people put down the french forgetting that they were the ones who fought along side of us when we were fighting our war of Independence against England and now England is one of the few countries backing us on this war with Iraq. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 08:49 AM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Default Chilling!

Well, it is a myth but one loosely based on truth. If you're interested in the actual story, it can be found here at snopes.com- Great site for verifying and or debunking these internet urban legends. Their search engine is great.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:24 AM
RGM
My Feedback: (5)

Default Chilling!

Hey Greg -
Tried the site - wouldn't work. Must be a myth.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 11:03 AM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

Default Chilling!

Hmmmm....that's funny. I just tried it and it still works for me. Anyway, you can just go to www.snopes.com and type in "north osama gore" or anything like that and you'll get the story. It even has has a statement released by Oliver North clarifying what really happened. Makes for some interesting reading.
OR....it could be the Ca fumes gettin' to 'ya...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 05:21 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chilling!

WE REALLY DIDN'T LAND ON THE MOON EITHER-THIS WAS JUST A HOAX TO GET MORE FUNDING
Old 03-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Postal FLyer

Default Oh Boy! Did we open up a can of worms here?

Take a gander at this website.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/anthrax_swindle.html

Old 03-09-2003, 10:16 AM
generc

How could anyone doubt it... coming from the internet, it's got just as much credibility as the North/Bin Laden thing... or is this another of your personal, chilling memories?
Old 03-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Postal FLyer

I'm sorry Gene, I forgot to get in touch with you first to find out about the truth in everything I read. I guess it's because I have watched as some of my fellow postal workers died from an anthrax that was made in the US and now came back mysteriously and wound up in a mail facility. Immediately we were required to wear masks and gloves while sorting the mail. And yes, it is chilling. Just as chilling as the pipe bombs in the mail boxes and acid bombs in the mail boxes and now the Postal Service is keeping Potassium Iodine in every Post Office for the employees. This way we can get out that last publisher's clearing house envelope to your door in case of nuclear comtamination.