Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ideas for making spring shocks for landing gear?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ideas for making spring shocks for landing gear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 08:59 AM
onemorecast
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas for making spring shocks for landing gear?

I can't find any websites or r/c companies that make any spring/wire set ups for your landing gear, to keep from splaying your wheels, (especially the aluminim landing gear) Any easy ideas on how to set it up? I have seen a couple of photo's where the springs are centered inbetween each wire, and some have some type of spring set from under the fuselage. Is there a system that works better than others? I know probably most of these are home made concoctions, but any ideas, web sites, diagrams, type of set up, or type of spring info., would be greatly appreciated. I am referring mainly to 1.20 size airplanes.
Thanks for any help or replies.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:18 PM
G.F. Reid
My Feedback: (1)

B&B Specialties Near the bottom of the page.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:04 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Afix a wire loop of some sort at the axle.
Use eye bolts to attach the landing gear to the plane, with the eyes outside the plane.
You can now strech rubber bands from the axle to the opposit side eye-bolt adding significant spring action t the landing gear.
(there's other ways to help too...)

Generally, if you are having probles with dura-luminum LG deforming you have either too heavy a plane, or you need to learn to land smoother.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Postal FLyer
My Feedback: (9)

What Plane are you talking about? If it is from a set of plans maybe you can give Bob a call.

Bob Shattelroe
31985 John Hawk
Garden City, Ml 48135
(734)261-9064

He makes very good spring loaded gear as well as many sets of gear for Hostettler. I am building a 1/3 scale Spacewalker and got the gear from bob. Spring loaded, looks like a great set of gear.