Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

IMAX from the backseat of a Pilatus PC-7

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

IMAX from the backseat of a Pilatus PC-7

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 10:01 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAX from the backseat of a Pilatus PC-7

The city of Montreal (Quebec, Canada) is wrapping up their Annual FIlm Festival. I have seen a few so far...

But the one I saw last night was AMAZING!!

I love IMAX film, because they are... Super! and one that features planes, well, what's better!

This is a 70 minute film of the French country side mostly from the backseat of a Pilatus PC-7. There's some 'airobatics' over the alps, and a lot of low passes over some of France's landmarks.

There's a flight of an F4-U (#403) and a scrambled Mirage 2000! (And a Ducati screaming along the back-roads!)

Definetly a must-see!!

Here's the write-up form teh film festival web page:
(Full credit to: www.ffm-montreal.org)

SKYDANCE
The Aeroclub de France is holding its cross-country airplane race and the audience is invited to participate. We are transported in a small Pilatus on an aerial tour of some of France's most impressive sites, including the Alps, the white cliffs of the Channel, magnificent baroque castles, the plateau of Auvergne, Chenonceaux, Chambord, Mont-St-Michel, Provence and, of course, Paris. The pilot, an acrobatics champion, is accompanied by an aviatrix and a timid but infatuated female journalist who has been assigned to write a story on the daring pilot and his career. By a twist of fate, the reporter finds herself on board and falling in love with the pilot while his colleague, to her jealous dismay, is grounded by circumstances beyond her control. As the plot unfolds the audience is treated to some of the most splendid, large-format views of France ever recorded. The story's romantic resolution takes place in Paris, over the Seine, as the Conciergerie drifts by in the background.