Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Customizing RCU's appearance???

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Customizing RCU's appearance???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 03:32 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customizing RCU's appearance???

How big of a headache would it be to allow users to customize the way RCU appears to each individual? Something along the lines of choosing skins in windows media player is what I have in mind. The way it is now, the administrator chooses the color scheme and some people will like it while others will not.

Also, it would be nice to be able to drag and drop one's subscribed forums into a custom arrangement.

Everyone, please chime in here on this thread. What would you like to be able to customize here on RCU? Colors, layout, views, etc. How would you like to view your R/C related information?
Old 03-14-2003, 05:24 PM
js3

What?!!! No replys?

Doesn't anybody think it would be cool to be able to customize the way RCU is viewed?
Old 03-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Live Wire

Give the people down South time to think. Up here in Colorado where are we still are learning how to turn in this blasted thing.
I'm going flying to nice to type Friends called from Fort Morgan and will be at sight in a few minutes. I" GONE
Old 03-15-2003, 04:30 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

js3,

these features are forthcoming shortly.

marc
Old 03-15-2003, 06:25 AM
tkigar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Marc is doing a great job and it looks pretty cool the way the new color change is........come on dont make it any harder for the guy.......what do expect for free....sheesh.....I am so glad RCU is just here even without color

Thanks again Tim
Old 03-15-2003, 03:13 PM
js3

Marc,

Cool! That'll be great!
Old 03-15-2003, 03:29 PM
js3

Originally posted by tkigar
I think Marc is doing a great job and it looks pretty cool the way the new color change is........come on dont make it any harder for the guy.......what do expect for free....sheesh.....I am so glad RCU is just here even without color

Thanks again Tim
Tim,

Yes, Marc is doing a fine job. That's why I spend so much time on RCU--it's a pleasurable experience.

This thread is not intended in any way to bash RCU or Marc. My intention when creating the thread was to solicit feedback and ideas on how RCU could be customized per the individual.

I disagree with you on the new color scheme--I liked the gray but alas, I am a minority. That was the point of my first post--people like different things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I realize that RCU is a free (right now) service. Marc has created the best R/C site on the www but if he wants it to remain the best, he cannot allow it to stagnate. I was merely making suggestions and asking for opinions on how RCU could be made better.

Nothing is ever perfect therefore; there is always room for improvement.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Wayne H

I love the colors as they are now(two-tone, blue-grey). The only thing Iwould like is to be able to bump up the font size a point or two. I know I can do this when posting my own, but I would like to view all of the posts with a larger font. Is this possible?