Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ultra Poxy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Buck Barker
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Poxy

I have had several cans of K&B Ultra pOXY ON MY SHELF FOR over 15 years, and never used any of it. The other day I had just finished shaping a plug for a mold, and decided to use some of it to finish it off. I have never used a paint that is this good! I have been using automotive eurathane, because model paints SUCK! Does any one know if Ultra Poxy still exists? or is there another brand of it some where.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Ultra Poxy

I just sprayed some SuperPoxy gloss black last week, from my precious stash of K&B paints, also for a plug. I'm not even sure if they manufacture Ultrapoxy anymore (Superpoxy was discontinued atleast 7 years ago) - I checked with two local "good" hobby shops, and one did not have any, the other had very few cans (pink, purple)with no gloss catalyst.

Soon, we'll be forced to using watercolors...
Old 03-13-2003, 05:50 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default Ultra Poxy

I understand Ultra Poxy has been removed from the market, something about it being banned by the EPA. I've heard it was a great paint and was tough as iron.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Buck Barker
My Feedback: (4)

Default Ultra Poxy

Yes:L Touhg as nails, and when you lay it on, it flows ouot to the smoothest finish, I`ve ever seen. Even in the automotive shops, they don`t carry an epoxy finish any more. Too bad!
Old 03-14-2003, 08:24 PM
desert aardvark

Default Ultrpoxy

Try mecoa.com under K&B accessories. Mecoa bought K&B a few years back and have ultrapoxy in stock except for red.

Desert Aardvark
Old 03-14-2003, 09:27 PM
banktoturn

Default Ultra Poxy

I found a potential source for epoxy paint. There is a fishing tackle company that sells 2-part epoxy paints used for painting homemade fishing lures. Their URL is: www.barlowstackle.com. I have cans of their blue and white, but I am embarrassed to say that I haven't used it yet, so I can't tell you how it works. The color selection is a bit limited, but I'd guess that some resourceful RC guys could mix up whatever shades they needed.

banktoturn